• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BREAKING: Sony has listened. PS3 and Vita stores to remain open!

User Info: NellyNel713

NellyNel713
3 weeks ago#131
Lol at the people selling their PS3, PS Vita, PSP games on Amazon, EBay, and Craigslist for a high price gotta be slamming their head on the wall right now. Sony just crapped on your parade. Gamers trying to screw gamers in selling their games for high price.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/1/0/AAZOOhAABvTm.jpg
Nintendo Switch FC: 8322 - 8536 - 1127 ()
PSN: Nelly-Nel_713 () XBL: Im NellyNel 713 () YouTube: Nelly_Nel_7.1.3 ()

User Info: Faiyez

Faiyez
3 weeks ago#132
Your move, Nintendo.
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.

User Info: KurzWeber72

KurzWeber72
3 weeks ago#133
Something tells me what actually changed their hearts was several million extra dollars in profits from those stores this past month

User Info: gu-gohan

gu-gohan
3 weeks ago#134
DaDrkKnight posted...
Still can't believe there were people in support for killing the stores and removing game preservation
No one was "supporting" that. It was about "understanding" and "accepting" a certain decision from Sony's point of view. I am the last person on earth who wants less access to buy games, but I am aware that there's always two sides of the coin and that closing the stores is inevitable sometime in the near future.

I disagree to the game preservation part, too. Those who wanted to buy the games had plenty of time to do so. Even if Sony had closed the stores, they would have had time to buy them until the closing would have happened (until the end of july, if I remember right?). And even after that, anyone who would have purchased games prior to closing the stores would have kept access to them and could re-download them whenever they wanted.
Not to forget all the physical copies too, that were sold long ago and that are still working even after the stores had been closed.
So this whole "game preservation" is... just wrong? A false accusation only to complain about something?
I mean, I've never sold a single game in my life because I actually do care about older games, too. But I don't feel so entitled to think that I should have eternal access to all games (that I don't own yet) that I could have bought ages ago if I had wanted so.

It's not that different with physical copies actually. Games like NHL Breakaway 97 or Sudeki can't be bought in local stores anymore. Why? Because only few people would buy them, yet they would need space on the shelves and the store owner would have to maintain them. It's not worth the effort.
Like: Respectful and peaceful discussions, positivity
Dislike: Haters, trolls, negativity

User Info: OmegaFlare18

OmegaFlare18
3 weeks ago#135
Gamers everywhere are like "YESSS!"

and then proceed never to buy those games anyway

User Info: gu-gohan

gu-gohan
3 weeks ago#136
OmegaFlare18 posted...
Gamers everywhere are like "YESSS!"

and then proceed never to buy those games anyway
Well, it's just hypocrisy. Some people complain about everything just to complain. They would not once see things from another perspective to, at least, understand that there's always another side of the coin. Instead, as soon as they view something as "wrong", they use buzzwords after buzzwords ("anti-consumer!") to discredit everyone (companies, or the rational minded people who don't jump on the hate train). Imagine the same people are now s***ting on the Days Gone director because he had the guts to state the truth, namely that gamers these days feel so entitled yet some aren't willing to pay the full price for a game they desire, and later they wondering themselves why Days Gone 2 isn't happening... Again, it's hypocrisy.

I don't know... I may be an exception here on this board. But me and my real life friends gladly pay the full price for a great game (if it can be determined whether or not the game is great before buying the game, which experienced gamers are usually capable of...)
Like: Respectful and peaceful discussions, positivity
Dislike: Haters, trolls, negativity

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
3 weeks ago#137
Congrats on the quarter inch chub

User Info: Famicomyoshi3

Famicomyoshi3
3 weeks ago#138
DaDrkKnight posted...
Still can't believe there were people in support for killing the stores and removing game preservation

I'm not a fan of corporate Sony by any means...once again, we have the gaming "community" in an uproar. No surprise, it's something every week it gets bent out of shape about and of course the go to tactic is whine, scream and backlash till the community gets it's way. These companies need to stop caving every time the backlashing starts! All it shows the community is hey if we don't like something all we have to do is backlash till we get what we want boys!! And if the companies should stand their ground we'll pepper in death threats to be sure we see victory! The community needs to learn you can't always get what you want.

Folks, look, this is the one, one damn time I fully agree with Sony on something actually. The PSP is 16, 16 damn years old at this point. It really is time to finally fully retire it and I'm glad they're putting their foot down on that, y'all don't need continued support for it and they shouldn't waste anymore resources on it. PS3 is 15 blasted years old guys, c'mon. At some damn point here they have to call it a day and end all support on their end. Vita? That thing is 10 years old and got full market rejection three times, enough is enough guys. Stop with this Vita is life s*** and the cries of we swear there's a market for it! Guys, it's over, it's done. Please, please for God's sake let them finally fully retire it. Y'all have got to let Vita go and move on. The amount of folks buying games from those storefronts while not zero can't be high enough to justify continuing to operate them.

This preservation stuff...look, you can have 10,000 backups of something..at some point all 10,000 will fail. Y'all have got to learn nothing lasts forever, including all these video games you're fighting to preserve. Please learn that lesson now. There's far more important pieces of media we need to fight to preserve, video games should be at the absolute bottom of that list.

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
3 weeks ago#139
gu-gohan posted...
Well, it's just hypocrisy. Some people complain about everything just to complain. They would not once see things from another perspective to, at least, understand that there's always another side of the coin. Instead, as soon as they view something as "wrong", they use buzzwords after buzzwords ("anti-consumer!") to discredit everyone (companies, or the rational minded people who don't jump on the hate train). Imagine the same people are now s***ting on the Days Gone director because he had the guts to state the truth, namely that gamers these days feel so entitled yet some aren't willing to pay the full price for a game they desire, and later they wondering themselves why Days Gone 2 isn't happening... Again, it's hypocrisy.

I don't know... I may be an exception here on this board. But me and my real life friends gladly pay the full price for a great game (if it can be determined whether or not the game is great before buying the game, which experienced gamers are usually capable of...)

You are indeed one of the exceptions on this board in multiple ways. I’ve seen many of your posts. You tend to be level headed, mature, and realistic. You seem to spend more time actually gaming than
here complaining about games. A rarity indeed.

You also are older with a decent wage and seem to realize gaming is in fact cheap entertainment (cheaper than it’s ever been) and not some crazy expensive hobby from “greedy” companies. Your posts are usually a breath of fresh air.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: tikoymann

tikoymann
3 weeks ago#140
gu-gohan posted...
I disagree to the game preservation part, too. Those who wanted to buy the games had plenty of time to do so. Even if Sony had closed the stores, they would have had time to buy them until the closing would have happened (until the end of july, if I remember right?).
Well, my problem with this is that the amount of time they gave us to buy the games we want is too short. 4 months? Yeah, I don't think I have plenty of disposable income to purchase all these games (I have a lot of Classics on buy list). If they gave us 1 year of a warning, like announcing it last July 2020, then it would have been easier to swallow. Finding physical copies are a nightmare nowadays too. Several of the games I wanted to add to my collection suddenly jacked up in price with the announcement and have been pretty hard to find. Not to mention, I have to buy games for my Vita too.

Although, I know it was partially my fault that I forgot the stores might shut down in the future (because real life happened). If I had known this would happen years before, I would have bought those games years ago.
Aaaahh!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BREAKING: Sony has listened. PS3 and Vita stores to remain open!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A