• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Your top three zombie games of all time.

User Info: synklare

synklare
3 weeks ago#1
Market has plenty of options across all platforms, many of which are good too.

What would your top three be, and why? This isn't a case of what is considered by many to be the best overall, but more of what you enjoyed the most on a personal level. If World at War's Zombies mode, or RDR's Undead Nightmare is your thing, go for it.

1. Dying Light - They took the Dead Island formula and improved upon it, by providing the user with fantastic mobility options via parkour / free-running. They also had an interesting Day / Night which saw the player rewarded for braving the night, which for me initially, was one of the most intense / scary sequences in video games at the point of it's launch. Being chased by Nightmares / Volatiles was fear inducing, and I loved every minute of it. Combine that with a satisfying exploration, combat and loot focused loop + a good weapon crafting system, and well, it was a fantastic game all around. Gorgeous at the time of release too, and still looks good even now, though it had an awkward colour scheme / filter.
  2. Dead Rising 2 - Took what I loved about about the original, and improved upon it in enough ways, whilst perhaps taking a step back with the main protagonist. Fun combo weapons, interesting psychos, a sprawling playground for you to terrorise zombies in etc. It also had Terror is Reality, which was incredibly fun for what it was, it also linked into the SP campaign with the money made which I found really neat. All in all, fantastic game.
  3. State of Decay - It wasn't a perfect game when it launched, it had some issues but it had an interesting permadeath mechanic and a heavier focus on survival, resource management and base management, which is something I really loved. It also had a satisfying crunch with it's melee combat system and levelling your survivors to be proficient at specific things, incredibly so even, just to lose them to mistakes or s*** scenarios was just as enjoyable as it was frustrating. I've put some time into the sequel, but not enough to make a truly informed opinion on it, it has co-op which is awesome, and runs quite well, but for now the original maintains it's place, at least until I get far enough with the second game.
  4. Honourable Mention - Left 4 Dead 2 - It still holds up incredibly well even today, has fantastic workshop / mod options, enjoyable character dynamic, combat from safehouse to safehouse is great and still keeps me on my toes even today. It's just a stellar game in all respects, I adore the Left 4 Dead franchise.
You exist, because we allow it. You will end, because we demand it.
R3 3100 - GTX 1650 - 16GB 3200mhz
(message deleted)

User Info: EldenRing

EldenRing
3 weeks ago#3
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 2 OG
... definitely of no relation to Penaferus.

User Info: ShadowLink3000

ShadowLink3000
3 weeks ago#4
idk don't really play many of these but the best I've played is definitely Resident Evil 2 Remake
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17069103/

User Info: oldgamingfan

oldgamingfan
3 weeks ago#5
1 The last of us
2 Resident evil 2 remake
3 State of decay 2

honorable mentions

left 4 dead 2
world war Z
state of decay

My current top 5 Games 1 The last of us PS4 2 Fire emblem three houses Switch 3 Front mission 3 PS1 4 Yakuza like a Dragon PS4 5 I am Alive Xbox 360

User Info: synklare

synklare
3 weeks ago#6
EldenRing posted...
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 2 OG

RE2make is on sale via Steam currently, ends tomorrow, my expendable income is spent until the end of the month lol, gutted is an understatement. I liked the RE2 on the PS1, as well as the first game, can't say I cared for Nemesis though, so I'll be avoiding RE3.

I'll definitely get RE2 soon though, I continue to hear good things about the remake.
You exist, because we allow it. You will end, because we demand it.
R3 3100 - GTX 1650 - 16GB 3200mhz

User Info: ShadowLink3000

ShadowLink3000
3 weeks ago#7
synklare posted...
RE2make is on sale via Steam currently, ends tomorrow, my expendable income is spent until the end of the month lol, gutted is an understatement. I liked the RE2 on the PS1, as well as the first game, can't say I cared for Nemesis though, so I'll be avoiding RE3.

I'll definitely get RE2 soon though, I continue to hear good things about the remake.

I normally don't like these types of games but RE2 Remake is something else I tell ya.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17069103/

User Info: LeadPipeCinche

LeadPipeCinche
3 weeks ago#8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
3 weeks ago#9
RE2
RECVX
Dead Rising 2
It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
3 weeks ago#10
House of the Dead 3.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Your top three zombie games of all time.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A