• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is a "strand type game"?

User Info: Darkfire12

Darkfire12
1 month ago#1
I've heard the term get thrown around a ton but... what is it?
Saber could be in, mark my words

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
1 month ago#2
It's something you'll need to experience for yourself. Buy Death Stranding, enjoy the ride.
Kojima needs your love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4yT7hnjWsE

User Info: SteveNasti

SteveNasti
1 month ago#3
Goat games
"It's brilliant. It's everything. It's Karamazov."
PSN: m01stpump3r

User Info: Mr_Kojima

Mr_Kojima
1 month ago#4
It's a genre of games

I wouldn't buy death stranding tho because it's a bad game but once little devil inside releases you should look into it
Mr. Andrew Kojima, 34, musician, Him/His.

User Info: i_2Sheds

i_2Sheds
1 month ago#5
I think that word is getting used to describe games that have the asymmetrical multiplayer thing going on. In other words, games that play like single player games, but actions that you do in your game can have an effect on other people's games.

Example: in Death Stranding, the structures you build and equipment you place in your game can show up in other people's world when they play, helping them out.

User Info: Mr_Kojima

Mr_Kojima
1 month ago#6
i_2Sheds posted...
Example: in Death Stranding, the structures you build and equipment you place in your game can show up in other people's world when they play, helping them out.
Yep, mizazaki created this concept in demon's souls with all the messages in the world and phantoms passing by
Mr. Andrew Kojima, 34, musician, Him/His.

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
1 month ago#7
It's Mr.Kojima's new genre btw.
Kojima needs your love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4yT7hnjWsE

i_2Sheds
1 month ago#8
Mr_Kojima posted...
Yep, mizazaki created this concept in demon's souls with all the messages in the world and phantoms passing by

Yeah, I thought there was something like that in those games, but I haven't played them myself, so didn't want to attempt to explain what they did. I always thought it sounded interesting htough.

User Info: Darkfire12

Darkfire12
1 month ago#9
i_2Sheds posted...
I think that word is getting used to describe games that have the asymmetrical multiplayer thing going on. In other words, games that play like single player games, but actions that you do in your game can have an effect on other people's games.

Okay, so it's like Undertale but it affects other people instead of your own future playthroughs?
Saber could be in, mark my words

i_2Sheds
1 month ago#10
Darkfire12 posted...
Okay, so it's like Undertale but it affects other people instead of your own future playthroughs?

Sorry, I haven't played that one. But using Death Stranding as an example again: the idea is to help other people when they play their game by placing useful signs, building helpful structures.

So while you're helping yourself, it's a feature that affects other people's game worlds and ideally helps them too.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is a "strand type game"?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A