• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Kind of tired of main characters talking to themselves aloud

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
1 week ago#81
majin nemesis posted...
no they don't and ca people stop acting like you don't know you are playing a game while going into menus saving the game and pushing buttons on a controller,being reminded you are playing a game doesn't break anything

Subtitles and game menus are two different things.
You can ignore reality but you can never ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

User Info: Peachi

Peachi
1 week ago#82
BlakOut- posted...
In Spider Man, Mary Jane talks to herself outloud when she is supposed to be doing stealth missions

Lol !
DeepThroat0 posted...
Nomura is a terra-ble writer.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 week ago#83
Exposition is required in a medium where you don't have most of your senses.

You can feel slight rumbling, you can hear what the game wants you to hear, and you have a field of vision, but can't turn and focus on everything like real human eyes.

So to fill in those gaps, they add exposition, while it's currently impossible to taste, smell, or truly feel the environment, those can be replaced by the game giving you exposition in place of senses.

Also, I've gotten into a habit of walking myself through things, when I speak something outloud, I remember it better later, it might seem insane, but it's a good trick I've figured out to help me keep organized.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Vas0

Vas0
1 week ago#84
Doesn't bother me any. I talk to myself semi regularly, it's usually the only good conversation to be had. I enjoy that characters in games do it too.
PSN: Vastet
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

User Info: ejay8320

ejay8320
1 week ago#85
Yeah I think people who don't talk to themselves at all are as crazy as those who constantly talk to themselves
PS2 - PS3 - PS4 -PSVita - Switch lite
PC: Ryzen 3700, Gigabyte GA X570, ROG STRIX-RX5700 -8G, Evo 970 plus 500gig, G.Skill trident z 32 Gigs 3200, eclipse p400

User Info: GenjiRed

GenjiRed
1 week ago#86
ejay8320 posted...
Yeah I think people who don't talk to themselves at all are as crazy as those who constantly talk to themselves
Wow, this is just wow. Granted I never met a single person in my 37 years of living that actually talks to themselves and I've lived in nine different countries.
Doom is Love, Doom is Life, Doom is Eternal.
Mega Man 11 is the Game of the Year.

User Info: discodancer77

discodancer77
1 week ago#87
LuckyMouse posted...
Think of it as the person thinking and it's just being vocalised because then the player can actually hear what the character is thinking 🤷

Personally have no problems with it.

this is how I see it too. They’re just thinking, and we hear their thoughts
Playing: Life is Strange
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198797989609/wishlist/?sort=rank

User Info: ejay8320

ejay8320
1 week ago#88
GenjiRed posted...
Wow, this is just wow. Granted I never met a single person in my 37 years of living that actually talks to themselves and I've lived in nine different countries.

I see it all the time.

You've never heard any one ever grumble and complain to themselves after dealing with a rude customer/person?

It is normal, it is a stress relief.

You either are ignoring these things or are completely oblivious.
PS2 - PS3 - PS4 -PSVita - Switch lite
PC: Ryzen 3700, Gigabyte GA X570, ROG STRIX-RX5700 -8G, Evo 970 plus 500gig, G.Skill trident z 32 Gigs 3200, eclipse p400
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: RyuuHou83

RyuuHou83
1 week ago#89
GenjiRed posted...
There is a difference between reactionary quips and having conversations with yourself. I mean even silent protagonist react to taking damage or falling like Link.

Stop lying to yourself, man, you do it too.
So this would be okay if their lips weren’t moving and they were thinking to themselves? It would be the same delivery, same lines, same voice.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Kind of tired of main characters talking to themselves aloud
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A