• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. GameStop is finally letting us use our $5 monthly discount online

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
1 year ago#1
If you have a pro membership. Before it was in-store only but we can use it online now.
No, John. You are the demons.

User Info: ToeKing

ToeKing
1 year ago#2
@stevetherican

coolsurfer800
1 year ago#3
I forgot to post instructions. After you log into your account hover over your name in the top right, click on Active Offers, then click the + sign to reveal a coupon code. Use that coupon code during checkout.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 year ago#4
Only took a global pandemic to save 5$ at gamestop

User Info: stevetherican

stevetherican
1 year ago#5
ToeKing posted...
@stevetherican

sweet. Using mine on Predator :)

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
1 year ago#6
Their prices aren't competitive with Amazon. Many used games at Gamestop (half of which are just the game disc in an ugly generic case) are more expensive than a brand new copy of the same game on Amazon, so there is zero reason to buy at Gamestop. The $6 shipping is just the nail in the coffin. It eats up the $5 coupon and then some.

I kind of wonder how they've survived this long.
Less is more.

coolsurfer800
1 year ago#7
Nicodimus posted...
Their prices aren't competitive with Amazon. Many used games at Gamestop (half of which are just the game disc in an ugly generic case) are more expensive than a brand new copy of the same game on Amazon, so there is zero reason to buy at Gamestop. The $6 shipping is just the nail in the coffin. It eats up the $5 coupon and then some.

I kind of wonder how they've survived this long.
I only buy new games and they have free shipping for orders over $35. It's cheaper than amazon with the $5 coupon.

Nicodimus
1 year ago#8
coolsurfer800 posted...
I only buy new games and they have free shipping for orders over $35. It's cheaper than amazon with the $5 coupon.

Let me do the math on that...if a USED game at Gamestop is more expensive than a NEW game on Amazon, then it stands to reason that the NEW game at Gamestop is even more expensive, and a worse deal. I doubt the $5 makes up for it.

Let's do a case study on a game I've been watching: Jedi Fallen Order.

Gamestop new: $59.99
Gamestop used: $54.99

Amazon new: $45.99 (and it was as low as $34.99 brand new recently, but I'll roll with the current number.)
Amazon used: $29.99 and up

Even if we assume that the shipping for both is free, and you use a $5 coupon at Gamestop, it's a much worse deal. This is not an example that I cherry-picked because it was strangely priced, either. It's a trend I see constantly. Gamestop just gives me no reason to go there.
Less is more.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 year ago#9
Nicodimus posted...
Let me do the math on that...if a USED game at Gamestop is more expensive than a NEW game on Amazon, then it stands to reason that the NEW game at Gamestop is even more expensive, and a worse deal. I doubt the $5 makes up for it.

Let's do a case study on a game I've been watching: Jedi Fallen Order.

Gamestop new: $59.99
Gamestop used: $54.99

Amazon new: $45.99 (and it was as low as $34.99 brand new recently, but I'll roll with the current number.)
Amazon used: $29.99 and up

Even if we assume that the shipping for both is free, and you use a $5 coupon at Gamestop, it's a much worse deal. This is not an example that I cherry-picked because it was strangely priced, either. It's a trend I see constantly. Gamestop just gives me no reason to go there.

Within the next 2 pages, there are going to be people arguing if a game is used or not unironically now.

And it's going to be painful to read.

Nicodimus
1 year ago#10
AzaneAzer posted...
Within the next 2 pages, there are going to be people arguing if a game is used or not unironically now.

And it's going to be painful to read.

There's not even really a need. You can eliminate used games from this entirely, and Amazon smokes them, even with a $5 Gamestop coupon.

I wish there WAS closer competition, because that's always better for the consumer, but this company isn't doing it.
Less is more.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. GameStop is finally letting us use our $5 monthly discount online
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A