• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Did some research and viewed videos for Death end re;Quest 2 Some findings.

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
4 days ago#1
Here's what I found so far.

Game looks to be around 30-35 hours long.

The story structure looks similar to that of Persona 3. You get some story elements and character interactions during the day and you then go into dungeon crawling, to a certain point, at night time.

They took the concept of the Nightmare chase sequence from the Mary Skelter games with giant shadowy figures that you must run from and avoid.

They did a better job at organizing items collection and the episode chart. In the first game, the chart went down a list and you can only jump to chapters. In this game, it's now grouped like 1-1 or 1-3.

Speaking of items and episode chart, the way of collecting special items from bad ends is back in this game. But if the video I saw is true, there are significantly less bad ends in this one compared to the first Death end. There are only seven bad endings in this one, compared to like 26 of the first one (which a good chunk were simple text scrolls). So, the bad ends in the second Death end fall more in the line of extended dialog leading up to the moment where things go south badly with one or everyone dying (complete with an accompany artwork as well).

To go further with the previous statement, it looks like they crank up the amount of sound effects, screams,and sights of blood and violence in this one.

I'm going to have to do some extra legwork for this one. But, the cast of the first Death end looks to be free DLC for dungeon exploration.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?
Edelgard was right.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
4 days ago#2
Kay
Play Slow Die Ignorant

Cynrascal
4 days ago#3
EnemyWithin88 posted...
Kay

Always glad to offer information.
Edelgard was right.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 days ago#4
tbh it's clearly a more fanservice based game, but i still sorta like the base idea of it to some degree and played 'some' of the first one, really

kinda sad to hear it's gonna be more like persona 3, but that depends on how much of the time is spent outside of the 'gameplay'. i got into persona 3, but can't really do that game formula anymore, just not that interested in a game that's only 1/4th gameplay, 3/4ths time management, HS slice of life, dating sim mechanics BS i give zero f***s about. i could probably do 3/4ths gameplay, 1/4ths story bulls***

To go further with the previous statement, it looks like they crank up the amount of sound effects
oh sweet hell, they're gonna add more moving around noises. i pretty much muted it when i got to the gameplay and she was making noise running basically every ten seconds.

i do hope they do more with the skill combo/learning system and whatnot. i'd kinda like if say, metis + metis still combo'd into the higher tier skill once you learn it, as a way to cheaply do higher tier skills while still weaker, by using more 'actions' during your turn, would make skill placement a big more interesting than 'what i'm willing to spend mp on'. it's an idea that i really liked, till i found out it's rather shallow and pretty limited

also, source? cause as of right now, this could be all asspulled info you're offering up, really. and yeah, could google it, but you're the one who brought it up, so burden of proof's on you.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff
(edited 4 days ago)

Cynrascal
4 days ago#5
One source. This one is in regards to bad ends. I didn't want to post it because of spoilers. But since I've come this far, I should let the cat out of the bag.

Bad endings collection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqiV-FYbRc
Edelgard was right.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 days ago#6
EnemyWithin88 posted...
Kay

Cynrascal
1 day ago#7
More viewing of stuff and it looks like they took a page from Dragon Star Varnir and such with the inclusion of an ultimate bad end to close the story.

And here's my pictorial proof of that. The closing artwork and with some fourth wall breaking dialog as well
https://imgur.com/BptkgHU
Give me a reason why I should care about the worth of your existence first.

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
1 day ago#8
Cynrascal posted...
But if the video I saw is true, there are significantly less bad ends in this one compared to the first Death end.
Im not as miffed cuz some of those bad ends save spots were really far from each other.

So if you sought out a bad end you got shot back pretty far sometimes.
(edited 1 day ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Did some research and viewed videos for Death end re;Quest 2 Some findings.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A