• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game series that you can't get into

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
4 weeks ago#41
Darksiders. I like the art style, but the combat just feels too shallow. The controls are not tight enough to make me want to play on higher difficulties. And it's f***ing boring on normal where enemies fall apart in one combo.

Tales series. Combat is too dumbed down for an action game and the customization is too dumbed down for an RPG. Characters are too anime-trope-y and the games have too many filler arcs and fetchquests.

Dynasty Warriors. I f***ing hate the babysitting elements.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS

User Info: Marius789

Marius789
4 weeks ago#42
The Witcher
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Only dead fish go with the flow

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 weeks ago#43
Call Of Duty
Pokemon
Assassin's Creed
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: PhoenixZE

PhoenixZE
4 weeks ago#44
Final Fantasy. I like JRPGs, I don't mind turn-based combat, but I never got into the series. I gave up after trying FFX and I hear the series went downhill from 13 onwards, so I doubt I'm missing out on anything I'd like.

User Info: ShinWesker

ShinWesker
4 weeks ago#45
PhoenixZE posted...
Final Fantasy. I like JRPGs, I don't mind turn-based combat, but I never got into the series. I gave up after trying FFX and I hear the series went downhill from 13 onwards, so I doubt I'm missing out on anything I'd like.

Nope, you really don't miss much.

User Info: ClassicMan

ClassicMan
4 weeks ago#46
QueezZeenart posted...
The Witcher

PSN: ClassicMan1982

User Info: Rant_Casey

Rant_Casey
4 weeks ago#47
Assassins Creed - Too many entries into this series, a bit intimidating to start now.

Monster Hunter - I didn’t care for Monster Hunter Word and my understanding is it’s the easiest entry point for the franchise.

Borderlands - Every attempt to play one of these leads to burn out and quitting part way through. Very repetitive and uninteresting shooting without much plot or substance.

Ultima - Tough to get into at this stage, not having done so earlier when the early entries were less dated.

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
4 weeks ago#48
Rant_Casey posted...
Assassins Creed - Too many entries into this series, a bit intimidating to start now.

i played AC:O after not touching a game since AC3
and its been fine. Pick up from there.

Nothing is overrated; your opinion is just outnumbered: some guy

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
4 weeks ago#49
For me it is Uncharted. I slogged through the first one finally when I got the ps4 collection. I hated it, but everyone said get through it and start 2. Well I couldn't even stomach 2 past the first two hours. Got rid of it and figured i will never play it.
Xbl/psn printerschamp
3ds fc. 0001 3671 8122

User Info: DeZApurified

DeZApurified
4 weeks ago#50
Not a series but Persona 5.

I reeeeeeally wanna play that game but everywhere i looked says the game is around 100 hours long... and that isnt even from taking your time.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game series that you can't get into
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A