• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which Will Sell The Most In April: FFVll Remake, Cyberpunk 2077 or RE3 Remake?

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
3 days ago#1
which will sell the most in April?

R.I.P wallets in April

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 days ago#2
RE2 Remake sold 4 million units it its first month of release. I'm not sure RE3 has the same appeal as RE2, but RE3 Remake has the most time on the shelves in April as it releases before the other two which could help it.

FF15 sold 6 million units in just over a month, KH3 sold over 5 million in its first 2 weeks. FF7R will be on shelves for 3-ish weeks in April.

Witcher 3 sold 4 million units in it's first 2 weeks. Cyberpunk 2077 may have more launch hype than Witcher 3 now that CDPR is more known to the public, but it also will only be on shelves for 2-ish weeks in April.

I think FF7R wins the month slightly, then Cyberpunk, then R3make. Unless one of them has a catastrophic launch, of course. I think Cyberpunk sells more overall.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
3 days ago#3
FF7R releases April, Cyberpunk releases the month before. So not a fair comparison.

yohabroha
3 days ago#4
Nabinator posted...
FF7R releases April, Cyberpunk releases the month before. So not a fair comparison.
Cyberpunk releases a week after FF7R.

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
3 days ago#5
I predict...

1) FF7
2) Cyberpunk
3) RE3

Namebrand of the FF7 alone will carry that game in sales for sure. I doubt itll be a good game, but it will sell like hotcakes. Like come the f*** on its ff7!

Cyberpunk will outsell RE3 mos def because we just had RE2 and its basically the exact same, where as witcher 3 came out years ago and itll be targeting the same sorta audience and even more.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
3 days ago#6
Hmm... I see people are voting in the poll based on what game they think will be the BEST, not sales...

At least we can all agree Cyberpunk will be the best game outa the three.

Not in sales though.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

yohabroha
3 days ago#7
Actually, something I thought of that challenges my own points - FF7R only launches on 1 platform. FF15 and KH3 launched on 2 platforms. Cyberpunk launches on 3 platforms, which may give it the edge even with less time for it to sell in April.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 days ago#8
Cyberpunk 2077
Resident Evil 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake

If we're going by PS4 sales only then I'd probably swap RE3 and FFVII.

yohabroha
3 days ago#9
ImaPC posted...
Cyberpunk 2077
Resident Evil 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake

If we're going by PS4 sales only then I'd probably swap RE3 and FFVII.
RE3 seems to be in the same position as RE2 with even more competition, what makes you think it will sell more? Not trying to say you're wrong obviously since we don't know but just curious.
yohabroha posted...

FF15 sold 6 million units in just over a month,
Where did you hear this?

Either way, it took the original Final Fantasy, what? 18 years to sell 11,000,000 copies. Whereas Witcher 3 took only a year to sell as many copies. CDPR has that hype from Witcher 3 going into Cyberpunk. I can imagine a scenario where an episodic, exclusive sells more than a multiplatform lol.

People are delusional
Homework's wack and so are rules, tucking in your shirt's for fools.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which Will Sell The Most In April: FFVll Remake, Cyberpunk 2077 or RE3 Remake?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers