• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. 1917 was great

User Info: Phlegyas

Phlegyas
3 days ago#1
Real shame we haven't seen many WWI videogames aside from Battlefield, which I never played but heard was pretty good (even though they threw historical accuracy out the window for accessibility).

Personally though I don't think the Battlefield or Call of Duty formula is the best fit for a WWI game. A better game would be something similar to the old Ghost Recon games which relied heavily on strategy as opposed to guns blazing action.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Phlegyas

Phlegyas
3 days ago#2
Bump
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
3 days ago#3
1917 was fantastic.

User Info: SiO4

SiO4
1 day ago#4
Phlegyas posted...
Real shame we haven't seen many WWI videogames aside from Battlefield, which I never played but heard was pretty good (even though they threw historical accuracy out the window for accessibility).

Personally though I don't think the Battlefield or Call of Duty formula is the best fit for a WWI game. A better game would be something similar to the old Ghost Recon games which relied heavily on strategy as opposed to guns blazing action.

@Phlegyas
Have you played Verdun?
I've played it for years, and i have to say the first half hour or so of 1917 felt like it was straight from the game.

Verdun is most likely the best Trench fps game there is.
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you." ~Carl Sagan.
Currently playing: Flight Simulator X.~PC
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: txlion

txlion
1 day ago#5
It was good but I've seen that style of movie like half a dozen times by now so it feels like a gimmick to me. When you see a tree or building or anything move in front of the screen every 5-10 minutes or so you know it's where they cut it. You would think with cgi and today's technology they can hide it better. Like do it in a way nobody can even see where they edit it. If they can't do that by now, then I don't think they should even do that style since I've seen it done like 20 years ago. The cinamatography was excellent though.
Sega, where's our Virtua Fighter 6?

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 day ago#6
I never get to see movies in theaters anymore, but I'm looking forward to grabbing this on blu ray.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Mmendez

Mmendez
1 day ago#7
Assassin's Creed Syndicate has an optional section occuring in 1917's London in WWI. But that section was just a mess. Setting was great, but everything else was either rushed or underdelivered. Not even the presence of a younger Winston Churchill was able to save it.

Only silver lining would you be able to fight British soldiers to get or accomplish what do you need to do, as well as shoot down enemy planes and zeppelins in those *cahem* scripted anti-aircraft gun shooting segments.

EDIT: Oh this topic is about a movie too? Didn't knew there was one called "1917" 😅
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: MaxP188

MaxP188
1 day ago#8
1912 was better
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. 1917 was great
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers