• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Where do you buy your games?

User Info: Shmashter

Shmashter
1 month ago#1
Looking for an alternative to gamestop since they're dying,

i guess best buy and target sell games, but they have a pretty small selection idk

User Info: LordKaizer

LordKaizer
1 month ago#2
Amazon
https://i.imgtc.ws/IG6N0Xq.png briguy reported my post but got overturned.
"artists don't design character models ingame" Clouddffvii

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#3
Amazon mostly, but by the time I buy games, they're not new anymore, so I don't have much choice but to buy online.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 month ago#4
PSN, digital.

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
1 month ago#5
Amazon.

User Info: Shadowsun8

Shadowsun8
1 month ago#6
Gamestop.

Still playing Divinity OS2 that I bought there last summer for about $25 -- turned out to be a lot better than I expected it to be so I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Also picked up NBA 2K18 for $10 and XCOM2 Collection for about $20. Before that it was Anthem, Tekken 7, Pillars of Eternity, Inquisition, Overwatch (etc) and I returned Gravity Rush 2, Shadow Tactics, Wipeout, Fifa 19, and a lot of other games that I can't remember. Also bought a few systems from there, including a pre-owned 360 that I still use to play Rocksmith a few days a week. Usually trade in games I don't play anymore and save even more on new games.

With Gamestop, it's more about the fact that I can check games out before I buy them than anything else, but they also have a lot of solid games in the $20 range that I can't find anywhere else.

Redbox is the other place I buy them since they usually have good deals. Missed out on Everybody's Golf for $10 but picked up AC Odyssey for $20. Even better for checking games out since they were free with certain movie rentals -- played through Spider-Man, God of War, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider over a few weekends and usually didn't have to pay at all most of the time. Bought Odyssey since it was one of the few games I couldn't finish via rental and helped me solidify my decisions not to buy games like Dishonored 2, Rage 2, KH3, Prey, Monster Hunter and Borderlands.

Last one is Gamefly -- don't use it as often due to the long turnaround time on popular games but I'll sign up for a month or two when I see something coming out that I know will take a while to finish (Persona 5, RDR2, Nier) or that I'll probably buy based on reputation or replay value (Skyrim, Cyberpunk, Starfield). You get most of the money you spent for the month back when if keep the game, which is usually about $10 to $40 off depending on how old the game is.

User Info: KI11AK

KI11AK
1 month ago#7
Psn
Xbl
Steam
Origin
Battle.net
Big w
Jb
Eb
Ebay
Facebook
Nintendo shop

GameFAQs: A place where a community of gamers meet up to discuss.....
how much they hate video games.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 month ago#8
amazon and PSN

these days, mostly PSN. i'm not one of those idiots who are like "digital is the worst idea ever", it's got pros and cons, but so does physical, and i love the "you can't DL digital after the servers go down" yeah, in like two decades, and it's not like you're gonna delete physical games either, since you can't update them if the servers go down.

but PSN works really good for me, because i LOVE the preloading (mostly caught up with the games i want, so mostly getting new games), as well as the immediacy of being able to download the s*** and play it within an hour (depending on the game, of course), instead of waiting half a f***ing week and have no idea when it'll come. i rarely actually want anything in my life, and waiting for things i actually do want is really irritating for me, so the quickness of just downloading it is definitely a big perk.

but amazon's great too. cheaper prices than most digital sales, and they're cheap all the time (amazon's people trying to get some of their money back, so it's got to be cheaper, digital isn't the same thing, there's no 'we need to ship this' at all, digital sales are entirely basically ads, going "hey, this game's interesting, right? cheap right now too, get it while it's hot"), and it'll get taken right to your door. but, if you want a more immediate physical purchase, places that sell electronics in general are kinda a good choice. wal mart, best buy, target, etc. even some pawn stores deal in games. but if you want as big a collection as PSN, definitely amazon for physical.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
1 month ago#9
Amazon
Best buy
PSN digital

Lately have been buying a lot from psn. Its soooo convenient to have my games in a download than discs. Also I share my account with a friend so when he buys a game, and vice versa, we both get to "own" it.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: Faiyez

Faiyez
1 month ago#10
PS Store
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Where do you buy your games?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers