• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The next RE Outbreak should have Souls-like multiplayer

User Info: HappyGuy

HappyGuy
1 month ago#1
You customize your own survivor, have a massive Raccoon City to navigate through, and when you get to more difficult areas you can do something like shoot a flair into the sky and that opens your game world up to other players. Players on the same server who are looking for a player to help out will see your flair and head to your location.
A Mod/Admin said on 4/2/2018 8:47:55 PM:
Please do not call other users a potato.

User Info: Zerokage2099

Zerokage2099
1 month ago#2
I like a souls but nah.

Should just be more like dying light coop except you are 2 diff characters and 3rd person
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Zerokage

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#3
nah
the next re game should be like tetris with a side of anime tiddy

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
1 month ago#4
I agree 100%. Bringing back Outbreak with a vengeance is what this series needs. Introduce a semi-open world Raccoon City set during the outbreak. You can visit various iconic locations like the RPD, enter various buildings for supplies, etc. The key premise, obviously being survival / escaping the city. I love me some single player Resident Evil games, but I'd be lying if I said co-op wasn't fun as hell. I spent a long time with Outbreak and RE5 because of co op.

PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

HappyGuy
1 month ago#5
kidrobot posted...
nah
the next re game should be like tetris with a side of anime tiddy

It’s not like I’m suggesting a dramatic departure from the series. Take the gameplay from REmake2, open the city up and maybe borrow a little of that Souls/Metroidvania style map progression, add some Souls style mp, and you’ve got a pretty solid RE game.

Theyve done so many goofy side games that this wouldn’t be a huge risk.

kidrobot
1 month ago#6
HappyGuy posted...
It’s not like I’m suggesting a dramatic departure from the series. Take the gameplay from REmake2, open the city up and maybe borrow a little of that Souls/Metroidvania style map progression, add some Souls style mp, and you’ve got a pretty solid RE game.

Theyve done so many goofy side games that this wouldn’t be a huge risk.
true but
the re outbreak games were about co-op, especially for puzzles and situations where one would have to crank a door open while the other defends from oncoming hoards of zombies
if they made it bigger that would make it less dependent on teamwork(imagine one person being on one side of the map while the other is all the way on the otherside)
unless they took those out and timed countdowns that the series is known for, i dont see that happening

they should just keep it like outbreak file 1&2 but just modernize it a bit
add some qol improvements and youd have a hit
tbh i wouldnt mind them using preset phrases over voice chat
it adds to the tension imo

HappyGuy
1 month ago#7
kidrobot posted...
true but
the re outbreak games were about co-op, especially for puzzles and situations where one would have to crank a door open while the other defends from oncoming hoards of zombies
if they made it bigger that would make it less dependent on teamwork(imagine one person being on one side of the map while the other is all the way on the otherside)
unless they took those out and timed countdowns that the series is known for, i dont see that happening

they should just keep it like outbreak file 1&2 but just modernize it a bit
add some qol improvements and youd have a hit
tbh i wouldnt mind them using preset phrases over voice chat
it adds to the tension imo

They can still keep the same puzzle structure and everything else.

I just like the idea of being in Raccoon and have to rely on different survivors to help you through different situations instead of running through co-op with the same partner the whole time.

A cool feature would be if someone who enters your world dies their character will show up again later as a zombie, and can’t be summoned into your world again. If they have a different save file with a different character then that one could enter your world to help out. Your game world would be full of the undead versions of your fallen companions.

I like the original Outbreak but I’d rather a fresher take on it instead of the same exact thing we’ve already played.

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
1 month ago#8
This could be neat. Or something like everyone is playing through the same game, but people can "step into your playthrough" by intersecting branching paths. It would be a cool way to have players come and go from your game world. Optional PVP or PVE would be neat too. I'd like random firefights amidst zombies and using said zombies as traps.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Elden Ring!

kidrobot
1 month ago#9
HappyGuy posted...
They can still keep the same puzzle structure and everything else.

I just like the idea of being in Raccoon and have to rely on different survivors to help you through different situations instead of running through co-op with the same partner the whole time.

A cool feature would be if someone who enters your world dies their character will show up again later as a zombie, and can’t be summoned into your world again. If they have a different save file with a different character then that one could enter your world to help out. Your game world would be full of the undead versions of your fallen companions.

I like the original Outbreak but I’d rather a fresher take on it instead of the same exact thing we’ve already played.
i think they did that in the re6 online mode(person dies then you play as a enemy)
if they kept the puzzles, theyd have to either make the maps smaller or more linear

HappyGuy
1 month ago#10
kidrobot posted...
i think they did that in the re6 online mode(person dies then you play as a enemy)
if they kept the puzzles, theyd have to either make the maps smaller or more linear

The difference is RE6 was a terrible game.

And they don’t have to alter the map to keep the puzzles. You have Raccoon City and then different buildings like the police station, library, school, shopping mall, city hall, hospital etc, and each building has its own puzzles. Perhaps you need to find a certain key to the hospital in the city hall, adding another layer to the puzzles.

When you get stuck you head outside, shoot a flair into the sky and wait for help. The risk is that your flair can attract hordes so you’d have to be smart about how and when you use it, like getting to the roof of the building you’re in instead of going out to the street to shoot it off.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The next RE Outbreak should have Souls-like multiplayer
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers