• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. On the subject of the Tomb Raider reboot series

User Info: tigerex777

tigerex777
1 month ago#11
All 3 are really fun and exceptionally wonderful. I enjoyed them all almost equally but Rise is my favorite of the three.

User Info: dspmusik

dspmusik
1 month ago#12
I liked all 3 quite a bit, infinitely more than the classic TR games. The first one was innovative and cinematic at the time, rise was my least favorite but still good, shadow was probably my favorite: more puzzles and exploration, the most RPG elements
When you substitute a diminished 7th chord a half step higher than the root of a dominant chord, you create a rootless 7b9

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
1 month ago#13
shadow is one with lots of tombs and puzzles.
It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

User Info: anony778

anony778
1 month ago#14
Rise is basically the same game in modern graphics. I think it has the best graphics this gen. In classic adventure games like this, Graphics count much much more, even more so than the gameplay.

It was hated by bedroom neckbeards. It totally outshines 2013 TR. Same reason NOFX and Slipknot was hated so much when they just hit mainstream but are considered one of the legends now.

Shadow was a great game but it had to have Lara's story progress a little bit. Like why she got a breat reduction job and then do a massive boob job again to finally become this badass girl.

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
1 month ago#15
ablerider posted...
Shadow is the one with more puzzles and less combat. I don't know why Rise is considered the best by many but it lacks a lot, you can't even do ledge takedowns (but you can in Shadow) and they ruined the story for both Rise and Shadow with Trinity, they're a bunch of generic bad guys.

What's funny is, I meant to say Shadow.

I didn't like Rise as much because of all the combat. I read that Shadow has the most actually exploration and Tomb Raiding, which is what I want.

I guess I will grab it. The complete edition is a decent enough price and the game are at least AAA quality.
It seems to me that the biggest trolls on GameFAQs are the moderators themselves.

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
1 month ago#16
Shadow is my favorite but im early in

Rise was so rad with all dlc
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
1 month ago#17
RollingCradle posted...
TR 2013 is always best.

Too much combat, not enough puzzle solving.

It did have much better pacing, atmosphere and locale than Rise though.

I haven’t played Shadow, but from what I hear, it’s got much less emphasis on combat and much more on tombs and puzzles...which is what Tomb Raider is, so why these are criticisms baffles me.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#18
Is the latest one any good? I liked the first one enough but the second one was exhausting.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
1 month ago#19
You_Need_A_Life posted...
which is what Tomb Raider is, so why these are criticisms baffles me.

old TR had plenty of combat with both human and non-human/supernatural enemies so tomb raiding was fun and challenging since death was around every corner.

new TR has way too much focus on superfluous combat/survival upgrades since you're not fighting that much(and when you do, you're pretty much guaranteed to know beforehand) and tombs are empty which basically means every tomb feels like a puzzle roadblock until you get to the next segment where you might finally get to use your weapons and rinse and repeat formula towards the end.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
1 month ago#20
TR2013 is like if Lost stayed good,

Rise was pretty forgettable,

Shadow has that awful final boss fight.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. On the subject of the Tomb Raider reboot series
  • Topic Archived