• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Lost Souls Aside.. What FFXV should've been?

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
2 months ago#21
^ That's true, but I still believe a lot of game development is wasteful either way. When you have too many people, you end up with too much red tape and micromanagement that results in too much money spent and too much time wasted.

I used to work in film, and it is exactly the same in that industry as well.
Fred Durp and the Gimp Trizkits

User Info: Nadal_Fan13

Nadal_Fan13
2 months ago#22
The combat looks good but the graphics look meh
"It's a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same."

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
2 months ago#23
deprofundis442 posted...
^ That's true, but I still believe a lot of game development is wasteful either way. When you have too many people, you end up with too much red tape and micromanagement that results in too much money spent and too much time wasted.

I used to work in film, and it is exactly the same in that industry as well.

I mean, that's the case in ANY industry. But the question is how much is too many people. Some projects really do require hundreds of people involved because there is no way a couple of 3D modelers are going to be able to handle hundreds of different characters and enemies in an open world RPG on their own in a couple years.

In the case of Lost Soul Aside, the creator has a small, linear world with a small amount of characters and enemy types (at least from what has been shown so far). That's going be a lot easier to do as a smaller size developer.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
2 months ago#24
WTGHookshot posted...
But the question is how much is too many people
You have too many people when you get derivative positions. Some companies try to mitigate by having like, 3 or 4 directors for a game so that approvals can happen fast, but not a lot of them do. A lot of development time in the early stages is spent waiting for someone to say "yes" or "no". Over specialization can lead to bloating as well, but it's kinda hard to say until you start making a game if you can or can't afford to have a programmer or two doing map design as well.
Fred Durp and the Gimp Trizkits
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Lost Souls Aside.. What FFXV should've been?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers