• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Lost Souls Aside.. What FFXV should've been?

User Info: TeH_ForGoTeN

TeH_ForGoTeN
3 weeks ago#1
I just seen a youtube on this, I remember hearing something about it a while back but totally forgot. Hell I dont even know who's making it, but so far it looks great.

Any hype? Do you have any expectations?
The only time is now.

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#2
It looks great, I agree. That said, I don't think it's what FFXV should have been.

In a perfect world (from my point of view), the FFXVI we are getting would have been "FFXV" and FFXV would have stayed FF Versus XIII and stayed with Nomura's original vision.

The issue with Lost Soul Aside is it is much more Devil May Cry than the RPG side of things that FFXV was going for. I think it's better being its own thing instead of a replacement for FFXV. We still don't know much about the story or the characters or how progression works or any of that... And those are things that are very important within the FF identity, I feel.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: infamousify

infamousify
3 weeks ago#3
Looking forward to seeing it but think it's most likely going to be a PS5 Game now based on how silent Sony have been on it for a while has 2019 shared any new information on this game at all.

First Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u67oS8qT104

Latest Recent Trailer China Joy 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Cx7iIQBiI

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
3 weeks ago#4
WTGHookshot posted...
It looks great, I agree. That said, I don't think it's what FFXV should have been.

In a perfect world (from my point of view), the FFXVI we are getting would have been "FFXV" and FFXV would have stayed FF Versus XIII and stayed with Nomura's original vision.

The issue with Lost Soul Aside is it is much more Devil May Cry than the RPG side of things that FFXV was going for. I think it's better being its own thing instead of a replacement for FFXV. We still don't know much about the story or the characters or how progression works or any of that... And those are things that are very important within the FF identity, I feel.

so a failed open world ff16 is your vision of perfect
no thanks, pass

TeH_ForGoTeN
3 weeks ago#5
WTGHookshot posted...

Ahh great insight. Like I said I don't know anything besides the one clip I just seen the MC kinda teleport attacking, reminded me of XV. I hope it leans more to an RPG then Action but when a game does it's own thing its more likely to succeed then being forced into something its not. FFXV for example I feel was forced to be something it wasn't intended and thats why it was lackluster.

I just want an Epic AAA story game RPG on par with say FFX. Even if you hated FFX, you can't argue the story, world, and characters all fit together great.

Here's to hoping the story side of LSA does good.
The only time is now.

TeH_ForGoTeN
3 weeks ago#6
infamousify posted...
Looking forward to seeing it but think it's most likely going to be a PS5 Game now based on how silent Sony have been on it for a while has 2019 shared any new information on this game at all.

First Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u67oS8qT104

Latest Recent Trailer China Joy 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Cx7iIQBiI

Ahh thanks. I should've done my research, this is def an action title more then an RPG. Still looks great though I'm looking forward to it.

Where's my AAA epic RPG? :(
The only time is now.

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#7
kidrobot posted...
WTGHookshot posted...

no thanks, pass

No, you misunderstood.

I'm saying we would have never gotten the FFXV that we did (at all, in any shape, form, etc. It would simply cease to ever get created). The upcoming FFXVI we are getting (whatever it is) would have been FFXV, instead of FFversusXIII getting changed to FFXV and given new direction.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

TeH_ForGoTeN
3 weeks ago#8
WTGHookshot posted...
kidrobot posted...
WTGHookshot posted...

no thanks, pass

No, you misunderstood.

I'm saying we would have never gotten the FFXV that we did. The upcoming FFXVI we are getting (whatever it is) would have been FFXV, instead of FFversusXIII getting changed to FFXV and given new direction.

Are they even developing XVI? I figured they'd take a break and focus on the 7R saga then maybe drop XVI on the PS6.
The only time is now.

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#9
TeH_ForGoTeN posted...
WTGHookshot posted...

Ahh great insight. Like I said I don't know anything besides the one clip I just seen the MC kinda teleport attacking, reminded me of XV. I hope it leans more to an RPG then Action but when a game does it's own thing its more likely to succeed then being forced into something its not. FFXV for example I feel was forced to be something it wasn't intended and thats why it was lackluster.

I just want an Epic AAA story game RPG on par with say FFX. Even if you hated FFX, you can't argue the story, world, and characters all fit together great.

Here's to hoping the story side of LSA does good.

FFXV was forced in regards to just coming out. It had nothing to do with turn-based vs. action or anything like that. Essentially, they needed to recoup their investment on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, didn't know what to do with a new Final Fantasy game, so they swapped it over. But then they took the main director off of it. So now you had a vision that was no longer intact and a new director trying to somehow appease to people who preferred the older vision while also having his own vision. And then you had them asking fans how the game should be made, which had all kinds of different effects on it. Essentially, it was due to a lack of direction, like Anthem, not due to anything being necessarily forced. When you have a bunch of different people with differing visions and not working in harmony with one another, it pulls it into a ton of different directions and never comes together properly.

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
3 weeks ago#10
WTGHookshot posted...
kidrobot posted...
WTGHookshot posted...

no thanks, pass

No, you misunderstood.

I'm saying we would have never gotten the FFXV that we did (at all, in any shape, form, etc. It would simply cease to ever get created). The upcoming FFXVI we are getting (whatever it is) would have been FFXV, instead of FFversusXIII getting changed to FFXV and given new direction.

oh
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Lost Souls Aside.. What FFXV should've been?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers