• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How is Terminator Resistance? Worth a buy? Reddit has good reviews

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#1
How is the game? Love terminator and glad this is in the future war but the devs and fps footage hasnt got me keen for this game. Seeing reddit posters talking about the game saying the story is about 10hrs but surprisingly its a good story and the future war setting theyve wanted to be in a movie. They said it was a fun and decent game and someone posted the ending video which I refuse to watch. Just curious if the reviews are spot on or they are trolling or the game devs falsely hyping it
Chicago Bulls | Barcelona | Atlanta Falcons | Ottawa Senators | San Jose Sharks | Cronulla Sharks | Viper | Raikkonnen | Roman Reigns | Randy Orton | Roy Jones

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#2
So far can only see steam reviews from the public looks like a surprise game if you arent obsessed with graphics

I'm a few hours into the game and I'm really surprised! Yeah, the graphics not that good (it does its job) and the robots are not that intelligent, but it can be really tense hiding from T-800s and the overall atmosohere nails the future war from the movies. Plus I like the RPG-lite stuff in there.

I genuinely like this game, only played the first mission but it has a nostalgic early games of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 feel to it due to it's low budget. I do like it and I will give a full review once I complete it

Probably the best Terminator game ever.
It is fun and emulates the future war expertly, plus the characters are interesting which is good.

Kinda cool so far. Its like a striped down fallout but in the terminator universe. really small skill tree and some crafting.

controls are very fluent and also has a crafting aspect it is a real shame their is no multiplayer or co op modes

Games fire, worth the wait.

Great experience so far! I am really excited to see where the campaign goes.

Dont know where the heck this came from. Out of knowhere popped on steam. Pulled the trigger. And wow just wow. Runs amazing. Feels great. Looks good. Rpg elements, crafting, all of it! This is s def buy

So far, it's a middle-market masterpiece, it's really reminding me of the criminally underrated "Singularity.

Currently playing this game, it is good so far and better than the new film and a nice homage to T1 and T2. I was unsure about this game due to the developers previous Rambo game but having taken the risk I have been pleasantly surprised with the overall game and the atmosphere of the future war it generates (which they should have based the new film on)
Chicago Bulls | Barcelona | Atlanta Falcons | Ottawa Senators | San Jose Sharks | Cronulla Sharks | Viper | Raikkonnen | Roman Reigns | Randy Orton | Roy Jones

User Info: HappyGuy

HappyGuy
1 year ago#3
https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

There’s a handful of reviews on steam, mostly positive as long as you’re only expecting a B or C tier game.
A Mod/Admin said on 4/2/2018 8:47:55 PM:
Please do not call other users a potato.

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 year ago#4
I watched the IGN review they gave it a 4 but also said it’s the best terminator game that’s ever been made lol

if you like shooters and a big fan of terminator I’m sure this will be worth a play (how much is it?) I’d get it for 20 on that case
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: yahya_no1

yahya_no1
1 year ago#5
ArroganceMalice posted...
I watched the IGN review they gave it a 4 but also said it’s the best terminator game that’s ever been made lol

if you like shooters and a big fan of terminator I’m sure this will be worth a play (how much is it?) I’d get it for 20 on that case

Not true, the PS2 one was the best, the one that came out after T3's game (which ofc was trash)

God, IGN isn't even consistent with their own reviews, one look at their site and they can see

Terminator 3: The Redemption

https://ca.ign.com/games/terminator-3-the-redemption

it's a 7 and I can tell you now, its not as bad as it could of been back in the day

User Info: Matthewm1988

Matthewm1988
1 year ago#6
Does it have any of the original music in it?
Gamefaqs User Legend

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 year ago#7
Where the hell did this come from?!

My friend is really into Terminator (even made me go see that s*** new movie).

Even he never mentioned this, and he's all about gaming.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: siarhei

siarhei
1 year ago#8
4 on ign

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#9
yeah it bombed on ign I saw the first 20mins of the first chapter and gosh no intro cutscene, no interactions its just collecting items and parts to craft and hide and shoot small buzzer machines. usually the intro is a great story moment and fast paced action before something goes very wrong. but this no its expecting you to know, no explanation on judgement day, who the characters are how john took over or did in recent battles or what skynet is up to you are just there in that moment running from pasadena

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 year ago#10
Never forget that IGN gave Alien Isolation a 5/10

I’d have bought this today but apparently it’s still a month away in Australia. Meant to be X enhanced with a 30/60 FPS toggle, too.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How is Terminator Resistance? Worth a buy? Reddit has good reviews
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A