• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Death Stranding proves that games can be good without being fun?

User Info: Crauling

Crauling
1 week ago#11
konohaJounin posted...
Bob-omb-omb posted...
This is honestly terrifying. People are straight-up admitting it's not that good, but are still giving it undying praise. How does Kojima have such a grasp on you people? I've reached the point where I don't even want to touch this game out of fear that I'll be brainwashed...

This is very creepy.

*Creppy voice* Join us...join us...Kojima is giving free lobotomies to everyone who pre-order the limited edition...

The lobotomies already happened... just look at how many people bought the game lol
Currently playing: MG Rising, The Phantom Pain

User Info: skermac

skermac
1 week ago#12
no came can be all that good if its not fun
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: BlakOut-

BlakOut-
1 week ago#13
Bob-omb-omb posted...
This is honestly terrifying. People are straight-up admitting it's not that good, but are still giving it undying praise. How does Kojima have such a grasp on you people? I've reached the point where I don't even want to touch this game out of fear that I'll be brainwashed...

This is very creepy.

It's like chicken heart yakitori. Yes chicken heart, you eat it. I like it, but you never know unless you try.

User Info: kidesper

kidesper
1 week ago#14
But there’s plenty of action int his game, almost as much as metal gear solid 5 especially after a certain point.

User Info: mninp

mninp
1 week ago#15
The best example I can think of to compare this to other media is like...when it comes to reading, most people would agree hat Shakespeare is a fantastic writer and has written a lot of amazing plays. But you’d be hard pressed to find many people who are gonna sit down on their own time and read a Shakespeare play. Not saying nobody does, but not many.

Same thing with a movie like Citizen Kane. It’s known to be the greatest of all time, but everybody always says it’s boring.

You can design a technical masterpiece or a work of art without it necessarily being enjoyable to digest.

Im not saying Death Stranding is the greatest masterpiece of all time, or that its even a masterpiece at all, just making a comparison to some books and movies that have been given very high praise, but not many people actually enjoy.

Point being it is possible to recognize something for being “great” without actually enjoying it yourself. I don’t like the original Alien, I think it’s boring as hell, but I also think it’s a 9/10 movie.
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
1 week ago#16
Bob-omb-omb posted...

This is very creepy.

Because they need something to justify they have paid this amount of money for it, or that they have waited for this game so long only to find out its not as good as they themself hyped it.
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: icelt

icelt
1 week ago#17
Fun is relative. Always has been and will be regardless of medium.
PSN: icelt
"Do not spray into eyes. I have sprayed you into my eyes." alt-J

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 week ago#18
i'd argue that it's maybe a good experience, not so much a good game.

icelt posted...
Fun is relative. Always has been and will be regardless of medium.

this, too.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
1 week ago#19
dark souls is not fun to play. mario is just jumping from point a to b and that is supposedly the best fun. fun is a meaningless description of gameplay which gameplay is really only good or bad with no consistent reasons as to why a mechanic in one game is good while the same similar mechanic in another game is bad.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
1 week ago#20
Never understood why people on this board want to flood it with some s***ty YouTube videos all the goddamn time.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Death Stranding proves that games can be good without being fun?
  • Topic Archived