• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I love seeing the hypocritical fanboys who bashed rdr2 praise Death Stranding

User Info: SparkItUp

SparkItUp
1 week ago#11
Ninjaluver posted...
Dont get me wrong. Death stranding looks like a game I would enjoy, and I'll probably get it. But that's because I also loved rdr2.

I just love all the japanophiles and kojima fanboy users on this site that claimed rdr2 was "boring" due to the encumbering systems and details that were put into the game for the sake of realism and immersion. I love how those same people are praising death stranding, a game that does exactly the same thing. A game that was clearly inspired by the same design philosophy.

Classic hypocrisy.
what if we like both?
We don't deal with outsiders very well, they say newcomers have a certain smell. Yeah trust issues not to mention, they say they can smell your intentions.

User Info: Ninjaluver

Ninjaluver
1 week ago#12
SparkItUp posted...
Ninjaluver posted...
Dont get me wrong. Death stranding looks like a game I would enjoy, and I'll probably get it. But that's because I also loved rdr2.

I just love all the japanophiles and kojima fanboy users on this site that claimed rdr2 was "boring" due to the encumbering systems and details that were put into the game for the sake of realism and immersion. I love how those same people are praising death stranding, a game that does exactly the same thing. A game that was clearly inspired by the same design philosophy.

Classic hypocrisy.
what if we like both?

Then that's totally fine and you're not who I am talking about. Nothing wrong with liking both

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
1 week ago#13
This topic will age well

User Info: kidesper

kidesper
1 week ago#14
I enjoyed rdr2 for what is was, but it was pretty similar to the first game.

Death stranding to me, feels like a new fresh experience. I’m loving how unique it is compared to whats on the market now.

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
1 week ago#15
I didn’t even buy the cowboy simulator.
Kojima always wins, baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BypwfOAmGU

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
1 week ago#16
Korppi123 posted...
Joeydollaz posted...
Red Dead sucked MECHANICALLY it was too slow, watch when PC MODz make it move legit

I mean.. one of the big mechanics in death stranding is everything making sam slower and more sluggish.

And even at his worst, it's still not as bad as trying to move Arthur Morgan. Can you imagine putting the physics and control engine of RDR2 in Death Stranding and having to climb rocks and navigate up hills in the way you have to in Death Stranding? It would be unplayable.

The biggest issue TC is missing is that the presentation of the two games is completely different. RDR2 does everything in its power to force you to stop, look, and appreciate what they made. They made a pretty game world and you absolutely will experience it, very slowly. Every inch. Or so help me god I'll give you such a f***ing bounty. Really though, the most worthless fast travel ever, making it mandatory to go on scenic horse rides from point A to point B (Which amounted to getting on your horse and letting it auto drive while the game literally changed the perspective all over the place to give you scenic camera shots), forcing you to move at a snail's pace through all towns, lest you run the gamble of accidentally bumping into a dog and sending the townsfolk after you with pitch forks. The game is so self-obsessed and indulgent, and being completely honest, I expected Death Stranding to be exactly the same, but the game literally doesn't care what you do. It doesn't care how you get to where you're going, or what path you take to get there. At least when you're going somewhere in Death Stranding, you're completing an objective as you're doing it. RDR2 would have you travel across the entire map staring at horse ass for 10 minutes just to get to a mission point.
I love both. Whats that make me?

User Info: Ninjaluver

Ninjaluver
1 week ago#18
RingsOfUranus posted...
Korppi123 posted...
Joeydollaz posted...
Red Dead sucked MECHANICALLY it was too slow, watch when PC MODz make it move legit

I mean.. one of the big mechanics in death stranding is everything making sam slower and more sluggish.

And even at his worst, it's still not as bad as trying to move Arthur Morgan. Can you imagine putting the physics and control engine of RDR2 in Death Stranding and having to climb rocks and navigate up hills in the way you have to in Death Stranding? It would be unplayable.

The biggest issue TC is missing is that the presentation of the two games is completely different. RDR2 does everything in its power to force you to stop, look, and appreciate what they made. They made a pretty game world and you absolutely will experience it, very slowly. Every inch. Or so help me god I'll give you such a f***ing bounty. Really though, the most worthless fast travel ever, making it mandatory to go on scenic horse rides from point A to point B (Which amounted to getting on your horse and letting it auto drive while the game literally changed the perspective all over the place to give you scenic camera shots), forcing you to move at a snail's pace through all towns, lest you run the gamble of accidentally bumping into a dog and sending the townsfolk after you with pitch forks. The game is so self-obsessed and indulgent, and being completely honest, I expected Death Stranding to be exactly the same, but the game literally doesn't care what you do. It doesn't care how you get to where you're going, or what path you take to get there. At least when you're going somewhere in Death Stranding, you're completing an objective as you're doing it. RDR2 would have you travel across the entire map staring at horse ass for 10 minutes just to get to a mission point.

From all the gameplay I watched, and unfortunately I wasted hours of my life watching, what you just described for rdr2 applies exactly to death stranding. Jim sterling also says as much in his review ( a reviewer I usually disagree with).

While he hated both for the same reasons, I would likely love both for those reasons.

The only difference I've observed is that death strandings world, while still pretty, is actually a lot more empty and less interesting than rdr2's. You still have to travel painstakingly slow, and the game still "forces" you to take in it's very self-indulgent world.

It seems your main complaint is that you get punished for just recklessly behaving while you're traveling in rdr2 while in death stranding you dont....but that's because just nothing happens. And jim sort of summed that up perfectly from what I observed. The game is so lacking in action that you're usually just waiting for something to happen. Rdr2 tries to interrupt your lazy traveling, while death stranding just let's it happen, and happen, and happen.

User Info: Crauling

Crauling
1 week ago#19
Hypocrisy? Since when are Death Stranding and RDR2 even comparable? They're completely different games. RDR2's realism worked because the gameplay and story reflected that. DS's gameplay has a baby strapped to your chest walking through rain that ages you fighting oil monsters.
Currently playing: MG Rising, The Phantom Pain

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
1 week ago#20
Ninjaluver posted...

Prove they exist? Velvethammer and pentom come to mind.

Shots fired!
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I love seeing the hypocritical fanboys who bashed rdr2 praise Death Stranding
  • Post New Message