• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is Red Dead Redemption 2 the best game of this generation? Disagree, why?

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 weeks ago#61
CaIiber345 posted...
I think it is a beautiful and rich game world with great production and some technical accomplishments that all goes out the window because of how bogged down it gets in realism mechanics. Immersion and realism are two different things. Hunt animal, skin it, put pelt away, not micromanage the inventories of my character, horse, saddlebags, guns, to the point where micromanagement for the sake of realistic carry weight and space takes away from the fun of a video game. We can be immersed without actually having to behave like we are living in the game world by real world rules. I was watching a stream and a guy was cleaning his gun every 10 seconds while hiding behind a rock in a shootout. That’s ridiculous. That said, I’d like to finish it someday.

That never happened, unless it was part of the Online experience. I only played that a little when it first dropped, though I still see no reason why you would be cleaning your gun that often.

That wouldn't have happened in the main game.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 weeks ago#62
Yuri_LowelI posted...
UnLoco posted...
BlueSnow posted...
No. Never played it. It's not my cup of tea at all and even if it was, the annoying animations would've killed the game for me. Screw realism !

What would you say is the game of the generation?

It’s all subjective. For me the top 4 in no order are

Nioh
God of war
Zelda breath of the wild.
Persona 5

For different reasons. BOTW is the only open world game I have fully immersed my self into. I always found games like elder scrolls and fallout boring. Never liked open world games to begin with until BOTW

Nioh is for me obviously flawed but the core mechanics are the pinnacle of what that genre is trying to achieve. I had more fun with Nioh than all soulsborne games. Nioh 2 will be my GOTY next year. Not TLOU or cyberpunk or ff7 remake. And I’m confident of that.

God of war is just a phenomenal cinematic action game that incorporates a great Metroidvania style level design with an incredible level of polish and quality. It’s just an incredible game period.

Persona 5 is pretty much the only reason jrpgs are relevant anymore for me. Without the persona series this genre I would have threw in the trash long ago. Square Enix are trying everything to make people gate jrpgs. Thankfully atlus exists. Long ass game sure but the style is cool as hell and it makes turn base work when I don’t like turn based games. Love the characters too

Nioh?!

I just bought that game over the weekend, thinking it was some great game I missed out on.

20 minutes in, and it was out of my console. Returned it the next day.

Is it a remaster from last gen? Serious question.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Kevin_OS

Kevin_OS
4 weeks ago#63
Yeah, it probably is actually. I'm struggling to think of anything I enjoyed more. There are maybe 3 others that come close for me. Subnautica, God of War and Doom.

User Info: Kyle2516

Kyle2516
4 weeks ago#64
No number 1 but a close 2nd. Witcher 3 is 1.

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
4 weeks ago#65
nedmo0000 posted...
peontom posted...
So I see things this way:

FFXV:
Graphics: 10
Fun Art Style: 10
Gameplay: 10+
Open World: 10+
Fun locations in the world: 10
Replayability: 10
Soundtrack: 10+
Story: 7
Enemies and bosses: 10
Weapons and items: 10
Stylishness and coolness: 10+
Women: 10
Fishing: 10
Food: 10+
Innovation: 10+
Enemy AI: 10
Funfactor: 10+

RDR2:
Graphics: 8 (Washed out HDR and low res close up hurts it).
Fun Art Style: 8
Gameplay: 1 (Linear slow mo bad controls following instructions "gameplay" was the worst, getting around wasn't fun, guarma was the worst)
Open World: 10+
Fun locations in the world: 2
Replayability: 1
Soundtrack: 5
Story: 5
Enemies and bosses: NA
Weapons and items: 3
Stylishness and coolness: 1
Women: 1
Fishing: 6
Food: 2
Innovation: 1
Enemy AI: 1
Funfactor: 1

But this won't fly with OppositeFaqs. Interesting we have different opinions.
What the hell are you smoking?

I think this person is doing something even worse than just smoking to have that opinion. Like, really? FFXV?

User Info: user-2

user-2
4 weeks ago#66
Probably the best game ever made

User Info: user-2

user-2
4 weeks ago#67
Kyle2516 posted...

Witcher 3 is horrible. There is not a single thing Witcher 3 does better than RDR2 or even Horizon Zero Dawn.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
4 weeks ago#68
user-2 posted...
Kyle2516 posted...

Witcher 3 is horrible. There is not a single thing Witcher 3 does better than RDR2 or even Horizon Zero Dawn.

Better gameplay, better side quests,better main quests, more interesting characters, better soundtrack, better story, more enemy variety, more content and is a RPG, something that RDR2 isn't

Also TW3 doesn't have "chores" things to do, Gwen is optional

And last, but not least , you can actually have variety in your build
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5 and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
4 weeks ago#69
Probably top 20 i wouldnt say its best game of this gen though. I felt like story and characters really carried the game. Once you finished the story and side missions game somewhat exposed with just gameplay part left.
Please Understand.
President of NDF

User Info: ShortReplies

ShortReplies
4 weeks ago#70
FreeMan5407 posted...
user-2 posted...
Kyle2516 posted...

Better gameplay, better side quests,better main quests, more interesting characters, better soundtrack, better story, more enemy variety, more content and is a RPG, something that RDR2 isn't

Also TW3 doesn't have "chores" things to do, Gwen is optional

And last, but not least , you can actually have variety in your build

Yeah Witcher 3 is superior to RDR2, i've had this discussion a lot on youtube but RDR2 fanboys are thick af, they dont admit even if you prove them wrong many times, they are among the worse fan-bases ever, up there with bloodborne and bethesda fanboys.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is Red Dead Redemption 2 the best game of this generation? Disagree, why?
  • Topic Archived