• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is Red Dead Redemption 2 the best game of this generation? Disagree, why?

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
3 weeks ago#51
It's super impressive but the lack of fun is a no go in my book.
Hi

User Info: evil_cricket

evil_cricket
3 weeks ago#52
I loved every bit of RDR2. From the world, to the characters, to the gameplay. Everything was pretty much what I was expecting and hoping for.
"It's good to be the king."

User Info: TruthBomber21

TruthBomber21
3 weeks ago#53
UnLoco posted...
For all his faults Kojima always nails the gameplay of his games.

Except for mgs3 and mgs4. MGS3 felt archaic after games like splinter cell. MGS4 was barely a game and what was there was sloppy. Modern controls found their way into mgs5.

Even mgs1 and 2 controls were not very good by today's standards. They just had great all around design that took into account the control scheme.

User Info: KnightimeX

KnightimeX
3 weeks ago#54
Controls are bad.
Boring as f***.

Open World is too big which makes traveling feel more like a chore. More than any gta game ever made.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/264562-playstation-5

User Info: Kikuichimonji

Kikuichimonji
3 weeks ago#55
Disagree. Not very video gamey. It could be the best simulator, though, cowboy simulator.
Your reality is as virtual as five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
3 weeks ago#56
It is absolutely a game where it is just pure polished detailed QUALITY. Its a mind blowing amount of detail...

Aaaaand its a boring slog to get through.

A well made game, maybe of the generation, but my god its also one of the least interesting games to get through.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: peontom

peontom
3 weeks ago#57
okidori4life posted...
It is absolutely a game where it is just pure polished detailed QUALITY. Its a mind blowing amount of detail...

Aaaaand its a boring slog to get through.

A well made game, maybe of the generation, but my god its also one of the least interesting games to get through.

So the opposite of Glitcher 3, extremely buggy and unpolished, but at least had some fun content.

User Info: Avirosb

Avirosb
3 weeks ago#58
peontom posted...
extremely buggy and unpolished, but at least had some fun content.

Eastern bloc RPGs FTW
Faeces Postus, extraordinaire.

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
3 weeks ago#59
No, cause i dont like spaghetti westerns
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
3 weeks ago#60
UnLoco posted...
Forget about the critical acclaim and number of sales, in terms of the sheer realization of it's open world and abundant number of mechanics, side activities, gripping story, incredible characters and the level of realism achieved this game is truly unprecedented and has set the bar so high that even those behind a masterpiece like Breath of the Wild are taking inspiration from it for the sequel.

I'm also not considering the online mode here as the game can stand alone perfectly as a single player experience. It is a game that is much, much more than the sum of it's parts and a perfect example of the heights the video game medium can reach. Truly the game of this generation.

If you take out the terrible controls, which would have been super easy to implement correctly, yes. It is THE masterpiece of all generations so far.

It would have been so simple for them to have patched in some fixes. Cannot understand why they never fixed certain things (like the whole gun equip/unequip situation).
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is Red Dead Redemption 2 the best game of this generation? Disagree, why?
  • Topic Archived