• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sekiro and God of War had no lasting appeal

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
3 weeks ago#1
Remember both being critically well received and selling well but it is like they fizzled out a few months after release. Both game seem to lack that extra something that make a title stay in the minds of gamers and become a more cultural "phenomenon". Other games by FROM soft like Dark Souls and Bloodborne still resonate years after release and other Sony exclusives like Last Of Us and Shadow of the Colossus. The sort of games that stand the test of time and have an impact/influence in the industry.

God of War and Sekiro don't have that and so they have kind of fallen away.

User Info: SquareJRPGKing

SquareJRPGKing
3 weeks ago#2
I disagree
All Hail the king!

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#3
I still play them pretty regularly.

I'm actually playing through sekiro right now and am on a new game +++ run on gow.

I couldn't care less what what other people do or don't do.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
3 weeks ago#4
You'll see how much God of War still resonates with gamers once the sequel is announced.

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
3 weeks ago#5
Give Me God of War difficulty really changes up the gameplay a lot.

Sekiro has Kuro's Charm to make it harder.

Those two things alone give both games lasting appeal.
Impeach Donald Trump

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
3 weeks ago#6
Sekiro is a masterpiece
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 weeks ago#7
Of course Sekiro wasn't going to have lasting appeal. No Co-Op. No Multiplayer. One build with minor variants in tools.

What are people supposed to do after they beat the game twice? Speedruns and Challenge Runs? Yeah, most people aren't going to care about that.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: user-2

user-2
3 weeks ago#8
I have only played God of War and not Sekiro.

GOW was an enjoyable, one and done game but very forgettable with too many forced, try-hard "emotional" moments. Whenever a game has to tell you that something is emotional or that you should cry at this point then it fails at conveying emotion on its own. I'm also tired of video games using death to create emotional scenes over and over again. I couldn't bring myself to care about anything or anyone in GOW.

User Info: Avirosb

Avirosb
3 weeks ago#9
UnLoco posted...
Remember both being critically well received and selling well but it is like they fizzled out a few months after release.

The people who cared 100% them mere hours after release.
Faeces Postus, extraordinaire.

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
3 weeks ago#10
I disagree. Although, Sekiro has a better lasting appeal.

I enjoyed God of War, but it's just a one-time experience. It's pretty linear with little side content and zero replay value(New Game plus isn't replay value).
Playing: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4), Sekiro (PS4), Icewind Dale (PS4)
Awaiting: Pokemon Sword (NS)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sekiro and God of War had no lasting appeal
  • Topic Archived