• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS5 may have disc based backwards compatibility for PS1, 2, 3 and 4

User Info: user-2

user-2
3 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/Lfm_mmWBxwk

probably might be $600 like the launch PS3

User Info: ArchonKnight

ArchonKnight
3 weeks ago#2
I have some PS2 games I'd love to play again.
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori

User Info: dementedlullaby

dementedlullaby
3 weeks ago#3
Would be nice for PS3 especially. I have the launch PS3, it's loud as hell and I'm afraid it's going to break so I put it away.

My launch PS2 is still out. The DVD laser got fixed free by Sony and I have a slim but that old fatty is a beast. Has a hard drive too plus I bought HDD Launcher so tons of backed up saves and a few games. My original PS1 still works no problem and the smaller white model I have only has a little issue with the top not closing unless you push on a specific spot. They certainly don't make them like they used to.
If I can't smoke and swear I'm ****ed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGL0qGk5lA

User Info: skermac

skermac
3 weeks ago#4
I don’t care at all for bc I still have all my old ps systems
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: Ranvryant

Ranvryant
3 weeks ago#5
The ps3 bc is the one I'm really interested if they can do it.

Not that I push for piracy but at this point emulation for ps1 and ps2 is already easy on any decent gaming PC.
Presenting Digital Pause-dry, where pausing your game and zoom in on pavement 300x is the new gaming innovation.

User Info: Remonsers

Remonsers
3 weeks ago#6
Ranvryant posted...
The ps3 bc is the one I'm really interested if they can do it.

Not that I push for piracy but at this point emulation for ps1 and ps2 is already easy on any decent gaming PC.

Ps1? Yes. Ps2? No and never.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#7
I want 4 minutes of my life back. Because a twitter named PSerebus (or something like that) told we might have full BC to all previous generations? And this account seems credible because he did guesses Last of Us 2 release date? Was waiting for something more consistent, since I'm VERY interested in this (full BC to all previous generations would make me buy a PS5 day one).

Also, either we go full disc compatibility or we don't. I don't want to download anything nor wait for that specific game I own get patched
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

User Info: SparkItUp

SparkItUp
3 weeks ago#8
instant day one buy if true
Somebody mixed my medicine...Somebody mixed my medicine, well you hurt where you sleep and you sleep where you lie. Now you're in deep and now you're gonna cry

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
3 weeks ago#9
It would be amazing. It would make all of our PSN purchases from PS3 onward viable on PS5. Vita and PSP games would be great as well. I miss playing Soul Sacrifice.
Impeach Donald Trump

User Info: Eli99999

Eli99999
3 weeks ago#10
I'd be so glad if it did, but in regards to PS3, it makes me question why they would take down some of the more popular online servers such as Uncharted 2 and 3 if they were planning on making the games BC on the PS5 a year later.
Found a picture of you - https://i.imgur.com/4jj3ADM.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS5 may have disc based backwards compatibility for PS1, 2, 3 and 4
  • Topic Archived