• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is really wrong in enjoying titles like CoD, AC and such?

User Info: Wewillrocku

Wewillrocku
4 weeks ago#31
Nihenna posted...
For a lot of people, liking these games is equal to the leper running around town.

i don't think so lol.
The american prison system is a sorry mess but giving them game consoles isn't going to solve anything.
Zurriah

User Info: KnightimeX

KnightimeX
4 weeks ago#32
Wait...
Assassin's Creed has been rebooted into action rpg???

Orly?
Which ones?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/264562-playstation-5

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#33
You're not allowed to enjoy things that I don't enjoy!
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
4 weeks ago#34
They get a bad rap because they don’t change the formula much, same with fighting and sports games. On top of that, a lot of younger kids play these games and with mics enabled it makes it seem like it’s built around pre-teens and teens i guess?

honestly though, im interested you see the numbers because I bet these types of games destroy most other games in sales. So while gamefaqs and some forums make it sound like it’s the worth thing in the world (“go back to your dumb FPS CoD you loser! Or stick with Fortnite kid!” etc..), they seem to make up a vocal minority compared to sales.

Some of the best campaigns have been CoD campaigns imo, and while repetitive the multiplayer always provides enjoyment because you can play the same map 1000 times but have a different experience each time depending on your opponents.

www.twitch.tv/thegamertrainer
Variety streamer that plays with viewers!

User Info: JohnHitman47

JohnHitman47
4 weeks ago#35
Its nothing wrong with buying and enjoying those games, its just the haters hating on popular stuff.
PS2>>PS4>>PS1>>>>PS3
Xbox>>Xbox 360>>Xbox one

User Info: user-2

user-2
4 weeks ago#36
KnightimeX posted...
Wait...

Orly?
Which ones?

Origins and Odyssey. Not exactly reboot. They just added RPG elements into the world of AC. They wanted to copy Witcher 3 and those games are s*** just like Witcher.

User Info: SparkItUp

SparkItUp
4 weeks ago#37
Fou Lu posted...
With CoD, it's easy. The people who buy them keep buying the same damn game at full price, fueling Activision Blizzards greed and making them justify never trying anything new. Your friend put that many hours into CoD games, when there was no difference in either games but the skins of the characters and the background settings, and even then, some of the maps are the exact same. They paid $60 for both (or more), and to top it all off, Activision Blizzard rarely ever has CoD games put on sale for less than 40% off. AC games get put on sale for $15 for 3 of them, $20 for the newest, $30 for the newest PLUS a season pass, which has another game with it.

It's wrong for people to like CoD because they don't think, they just buy, they're like addicts that have to buy the newest one even though nothing is different than the old.

I haven't played a CoD game since MW3 , so your generalization is way off...but I love the game. I made numerous friends through the game in the past (none of us liked the BO series) so that is where my love for the game comes from. I'm genuinely excited for this next installment so I can play w/ friends I haven't played with in almost a decade. I still talk to those friends daily over G'faqs here. So for me, it isn't about the "mindless purchase" but more so for the camaraderie.
Somebody mixed my medicine...Somebody mixed my medicine, well you hurt where you sleep and you sleep where you lie. Now you're in deep and now you're gonna cry

User Info: user-2

user-2
4 weeks ago#38
Personally, I think even COD and AC make some changes with each installment. They may not be significant but when compared to sports games like FIFA, etc... I never understood why people buy FIFA every year. Do they shut down the online servers each year for multiplayer? If that's true then that's a s***ty thing to do but if not then you only need to buy one each generation.

User Info: ILovePancakes

ILovePancakes
4 weeks ago#39
KnightimeX posted...
Wait...

Orly?
Which ones?

Origins kinda played with it

Odyssey is a pure Action RPG and probably the best AC in the series
I'm way too cold, get the theraflu

User Info: Vivi0198

Vivi0198
4 weeks ago#40
These games are complete s***. Copy and pasted from their previous iteration. Also playing said games means you're supporting two of the very worst companies in gaming.

With that said we all have our guilty pleasures and if you enjoy CoD or AC then by all means do so. Nothing wrong with that.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is really wrong in enjoying titles like CoD, AC and such?
  • Topic Archived