• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is really wrong in enjoying titles like CoD, AC and such?

User Info: Nihenna

Nihenna
4 weeks ago#1
For a lot of people, liking these games is equal to the leper running around town.
Personally, I don't like CoD all that much, but I love AC, especially after they rebooted them into action RPG's.

Some people see it as "having s*** taste"; but why exactly? If I find them fun, why does it matter?

I also play all these "2hardcore4u" tgames as well, but that's the thing. I have a good mix of "easy to get into"-games, as well as mrore obscure, niche games. Recently I played Greedfall and The Surge 2 and loved them, games with no mass appeal what so ever. I also like to play Dwarf Fortress from time to time.

There's also this stigma that it's only casuals that enjoy games like CoD, but that's just not true. My friend is the definition of a hardcore gamer, as all he does is sit and play video games, but he's still got 3000 hours on CoD: WW2, around 1500 hours on Blops4 and is heavily excited for Modern Warfare 2.

User Info: Grumblegore

Grumblegore
4 weeks ago#2
Who cares what other people think about games when you enjoy them? Stop caring so much about opinions from other people.
"Pisseth off!"
(message deleted)

User Info: user-2

user-2
4 weeks ago#4
It's better than liking Loli games

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
4 weeks ago#5
Nothing. Play whatever you want and don’t worry about what a bunch of faceless trolls on the internet might think.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#6
Grumblegore posted...
Who cares what other people think about games when you enjoy them? Stop caring so much about opinions from other people.

i agree,i play to have fun win or lose . if i like a game that my opinion no one else.

tc look at this way . your the one buying and playing the games.when that other person buys the game for you is the time you listen to them

I am voicing my opinion here on how i see the subject .when i post .i will not be bullied into change it

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 weeks ago#7
Vamar posted...
Nothing. Play whatever you want and don’t worry about what a bunch of faceless trolls on the internet might think.

/internet
This is my nerd face. There are many like it but this one is mine.

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
4 weeks ago#8
Nothing at all. I know there are plenty of people out there who think AC games suck and are a waste of money, etc. but I enjoy them. Wouldn’t buy them if I didn’t. If I ever get to the point where I’m tired of them I’ll stop buying them. Until then I’m going to keep having fun how I want to in my free time.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
4 weeks ago#9
With CoD, it's easy. The people who buy them keep buying the same damn game at full price, fueling Activision Blizzards greed and making them justify never trying anything new. Your friend put that many hours into CoD games, when there was no difference in either games but the skins of the characters and the background settings, and even then, some of the maps are the exact same. They paid $60 for both (or more), and to top it all off, Activision Blizzard rarely ever has CoD games put on sale for less than 40% off. AC games get put on sale for $15 for 3 of them, $20 for the newest, $30 for the newest PLUS a season pass, which has another game with it.

It's wrong for people to like CoD because they don't think, they just buy, they're like addicts that have to buy the newest one even though nothing is different than the old.
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
4 weeks ago#10
Fou Lu posted...
With CoD, it's easy. The people who buy them keep buying the same damn game at full price, fueling Activision Blizzards greed and making them justify never trying anything new. Your friend put that many hours into CoD games, when there was no difference in either games but the skins of the characters and the background settings, and even then, some of the maps are the exact same. They paid $60 for both (or more), and to top it all off, Activision Blizzard rarely ever has CoD games put on sale for less than 40% off. AC games get put on sale for $15 for 3 of them, $20 for the newest, $30 for the newest PLUS a season pass, which has another game with it.

It's wrong for people to like CoD because they don't think, they just buy, they're like addicts that have to buy the newest one even though nothing is different than the old.

I don’t see why any of that is of concern to you personally though. If they want to spend $60 every year on Call of Duty, who cares? What you’re saying essentially boils down to “stop buying what you like so that the company that makes it MAYBE changes their entire business model and makes something that I like”.

There are tons of games to play, if Activision is doing the CoD thing and you don’t like it, move on and play something else. Worrying about what other people are enjoying in their down time is pointless.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is really wrong in enjoying titles like CoD, AC and such?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers