• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The only things Souls does better than Code Vein

User Info: YukimuraCrimson

YukimuraCrimson
3 weeks ago#121
I think it is better than DS, DaS 1 and 2. Those game are worse and even less polished than Code Vein. DeS and DaS2 can be exploited and trivialize the games difficulty. DaS1 is like a 50% game the other half is just bad and the DLC is good. DaS3 feels like the only complete and polished Dark souls game and BB is great.

CV also has better combat i'd gives PS360 Souls the netcode and the Berserk inspired setting, but that's about it. The combat and magic system is better in CV. If you want a hard souls experience play CV solo or NG+1 solo. Bosses are better: DS (has some sorry bosses a random blobs, same goes for DaS1 (random rats??), DaS2 (stomping gaints, bunch of copies of DS1 and knights lots of them). 3 and BB has some great bosses, but CV has good bosses too that rival those.

DaS3&BB > CV>>>DS, DaS1&DaS2.
-Ymcn

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
3 weeks ago#122
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
TC I’m posting this without reading the other posts but I’m curious how you feel about Nioh, The Surge, and Lords of the Fallen?

I usually like games that mimic the Souls formula (Nioh is my favorite game of this generation so far) but even after playing the demo I wasn’t sold on Code Vein.

How does it compare to the other titles I listed in your opinion?

I like Code Vein more than those games in general. The Surge is a good game, it just feels kind of samey to me, but it plays well. I enjoy the fighting style of Nioh greatly, I find it very difficult, but I still like it overall, it was probably my favorite Souls spinoff before Code Vein. I never finished Lords of the Fallen because it felt way too clunky to me.

Honorable mention, Darksiders 3 is barely Soulslike, but I think it’s a comparable hack n slash to Code Vein from the environment to the combat.
Come check out some dope beats n stuff! Soundcloud.com/otwolves

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
3 weeks ago#123
YukimuraCrimson posted...
I think it is better than DS, DaS 1 and 2. Those game are worse and even less polished than Code Vein. DeS and DaS2 can be exploited and trivialize the games difficulty. DaS1 is like a 50% game the other half is just bad and the DLC is good. DaS3 feels like the only complete and polished Dark souls game and BB is great.

CV also has better combat i'd gives PS360 Souls the netcode and the Berserk inspired setting, but that's about it. The combat and magic system is better in CV. If you want a hard souls experience play CV solo or NG+1 solo. Bosses are better: DS (has some sorry bosses a random blobs, same goes for DaS1 (random rats??), DaS2 (stomping gaints, bunch of copies of DS1 and knights lots of them). 3 and BB has some great bosses, but CV has good bosses too that rival those.

DaS3&BB > CV>>>DS, DaS1&DaS2.

i agree with this
Come check out some dope beats n stuff! Soundcloud.com/otwolves

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
3 weeks ago#124
YukimuraCrimson posted...
Bosses are better: DS (has some sorry bosses a random blobs, same goes for DaS1 (random rats??), DaS2 (stomping gaints, bunch of copies of DS1 and knights lots of them). 3 and BB has some great bosses, but CV has good bosses too that rival those.

DaS1 doesn't have random rats as bosses, only 2 has rat bosses. Code Veins follow the same attack pattern that general action and souls and games like it have. Let's not act like a lot of them don't follow the same format of standing on the side while they perform a combo.

Later ones are more relentless, but do seem to follow the same design of combining and having an explosive attack. But those are better than some DaS attack wise.

I'd still say DaS holds up because of the world design, exploration and discovery, which code vein isn't strong in
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 weeks ago#125
Ds>bb>ds 3=cv>des>ds 2

User Info: synklare

synklare
3 weeks ago#126
Is it really that decent Tai? One of my main things I'm interested in funnily enough is the OST. The Souls OST was incredible and has definitely stuck with me. Weird thing to care about I guess but it made bosses more memorable in the long run throughout the series.

I decided to hold off for a bit and get The Surge 2 instead. Enjoying that quite a bit so far, more so than the original though the OST has been weak so far. Combat is great though.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/Hybridizm/characters
PSN - Hybridizm

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
3 weeks ago#127
Taizuku posted...
JascoD posted...
Taizuku posted...
Not a single person is going to come in here with a solid argument on why Code Vein isn’t as good, they’ll just deny that it is, but honestly, I’m a diehard Souls fan and I’ve been playing since Demon’s Souls day one, and this really is a competent Souls game. Denying this game will only result in you missing out on the greatness. This is one of very few competent Soulslikes. Makes sense though, Namco has been behind every Souls release.

Its a weeb game. Do I really need to say more?

Souls is a weeb game tbh..it’s just a little less weeby than CV.

Please explain...

0_o
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
3 weeks ago#128
OH! I should make one thing more clear from a previous post...

CV > Dks2

Anyday anytime. Facts. Fight me.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
3 weeks ago#129
nedmo0000 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Bosses are more or less the same
Not sure that anyone should take you seriously after this you have not played the games its plain and simple,
Taizuku posted...
DS lore is “more interesting” in the sense that you have to watch VaatiVidya or read every item to even know what’s happening and why
Its interesting in a way that you need to use your brain to connect the story as a puzzle everyone has their own interpretation to the story from reading items and the enviromental design no game ever has reached the level of environmental story telling that the souls series has.
Taizuku posted...
I’m not even sure what “pacing” would refer to in Souls or how it’s better
CV overstays its welcome and is generally s*** paced it drags on more than it should

Taizuku posted...
More creative? That’s vague, not sure what you mean by that
Creative game design souls series has had some of the biggest impact on gaming in the recent years that there it spawned its own genre

Taizuku posted...
not sure what you mean by that. Better exploration? No, it’s basically the same.
Are there hidden areas like cainhurst castle,upper cathedral ward,ash lake,archdragon peak,painted world these areas are only discovered through exploration

Taizuku posted...
Environmental design and level design is the same thing, as well as, vibe, atmosphere, and locations
I promise you you have no idea what you are talking about i doubt you even played CV

lol its replies like this where people think they're having a meaningful conversation, but they're not.
One counter argument is essentially just repeating whats being quoted but instead of a negative spin, it's a positive spin.

Discusses creative gameplay without giving a single example... What was said is true but it's like you don't know what they "invented." And if you say you do then why not discuss it properly? It doesn't take many words to do so.

"Souls unique design was so creative that their approach to online-play is healthy/active to this day and the gameplay loop based on their save points [bonfires] + checkpoints [soul retrieval] is so popular that it became the key component to creating the sub-genre 'Souls-like.’ "

It took 20 words more... but I'm actually saying something that proves some existence of creativity, and even then my part covering online is super shallow as to avoid having someone say "bah that's a tl;dr"

Ultimately my point is this little reply thread I inserted myself into is a great example of people thinking they're doing a good job discussing something when they're just typing words with little meaning

User Info: john7281

john7281
3 weeks ago#130
Decoy2man posted...
john7281 posted...
Personally I love anime style graphics

Go check out real animes like Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust not the current crop of cheap anime flooding market today like Tokyo Ghoul
And Codvein is nothing like real animes

Shows like Granblue Fantasy, Sword Art Online, Wise Man's Grandchild, Blood C, Vampire Hunter D are all anime just as real as each other. I've seen some of Vampire Hunter D, but never saw Tokyo Ghoul.
PSN Faclorien
IGN : John FC: 3325 7804 6627
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The only things Souls does better than Code Vein
  • Topic Archived