• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The only things Souls does better than Code Vein

User Info: Goji

Goji
1 month ago#111
Code Vein definitely has better gameplay than at least the older Souls games; every Souls game that predates bloodborne is a clunky, unresponsive mess.

Bloodborne does have superior boss design, aesthetics and weapons. Code Vein is better in that it has an actual narrative, though. People who say Souls games have good stories are just deluded; a few text blurbs on items and like 2 minutes of written dialogue don't create a viable narrative.
https://psnprofiles.com/Hedorah1971

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
1 month ago#112
Taizuku posted...
Not a single person is going to come in here with a solid argument on why Code Vein isn’t as good, they’ll just deny that it is, but honestly, I’m a diehard Souls fan and I’ve been playing since Demon’s Souls day one, and this really is a competent Souls game. Denying this game will only result in you missing out on the greatness. This is one of very few competent Soulslikes. Makes sense though, Namco has been behind every Souls release.

Its a weeb game. Do I really need to say more?
It takes a maniac to catch a maniac.
(message deleted)

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
1 month ago#114
TC I’m posting this without reading the other posts but I’m curious how you feel about Nioh, The Surge, and Lords of the Fallen?

I usually like games that mimic the Souls formula (Nioh is my favorite game of this generation so far) but even after playing the demo I wasn’t sold on Code Vein.

How does it compare to the other titles I listed in your opinion?
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
1 month ago#115
Level design is definetly better in souls. Very much so. Also enemy design and variety.
Also the story was incredibly cringe.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#116
JascoD posted...
Taizuku posted...
Not a single person is going to come in here with a solid argument on why Code Vein isn’t as good, they’ll just deny that it is, but honestly, I’m a diehard Souls fan and I’ve been playing since Demon’s Souls day one, and this really is a competent Souls game. Denying this game will only result in you missing out on the greatness. This is one of very few competent Soulslikes. Makes sense though, Namco has been behind every Souls release.

Well, you don't know what a weeb is, so you probably shouldn't.

User Info: c_sunset

c_sunset
1 month ago#117
Art style, sounds/music, non-cringy lore. These are what souls does better.
FFBE global: 842,543,946 - Esther/Sophia
SOA global: UD9T4VD3HX - D.Claire/A2/2B/H.Victor

User Info: kaimine08

kaimine08
1 month ago#118
jon davis posted...
Why the f*** make this topic then? Are you trying to justify your purchase or something?
He's trying to make a 500 topic, the guy made it to page 12 so he's winning.

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
1 month ago#119
JascoD posted...
Taizuku posted...

Souls is a weeb game tbh..it’s just a little less weeby than CV.
Come check out some dope beats n stuff! Soundcloud.com/otwolves

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#120
Taizuku posted...
JascoD posted...
Taizuku posted...

Souls is a weeb game tbh..it’s just a little less weeby than CV.

And another one that clearly doesn't know what a weeb is.

kaimine08 posted...
jon davis posted...
Why the f*** make this topic then? Are you trying to justify your purchase or something?
He's trying to make a 500 topic, the guy made it to page 12 so he's winning.

What's to win? It's quite clearly not a troll topic.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The only things Souls does better than Code Vein
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers