• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Doom 3 did not age well

User Info: Ammonitida

Ammonitida
1 month ago#51
ssjmatthew posted...
bobaban posted...
Doom 3 was good for its time. Doom 2016 is just boring, repetitive garbage
Lol?

Did I miss the joke here?

I've heard nothing but praise about 2016 aside from the shoehorned mp, now it suddenly sucks?

I liked it's level editor. That's it. Nowhere near as atmospheric as Doom III. Prefer the survival horror style of Doom III as well. Greatest FPS of that genre.

User Info: Ammonitida

Ammonitida
1 month ago#52
Solis posted...
ssjmatthew posted...
Solis posted...
Those sound more like complaints about Doom 2016 than they do Doom 3.
Yeah, ok.

Yup.

Indeed.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#53
onedarksoul posted...
To expand on this BFG edition had issues. Gamebreaking ones. It froze on me in the first third and didnt enable further progression. It was right around the train section. This was before steam refunds so I just had to buy it again and got the regular edition, which I beat. I had been waiting to play for a decade so in that vein it was a slight letdown, but I enjoyed the fresh more deliberate take on the Doom formula. They aimed for more psychological horror this time.

Odds are they wouldnt have refunded you anyway. Iirc it's only 1 hour after purchase and if you havent played much if at all. They wont just refund it if you got halfway through the game and decided "eh it's not for me".
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
Rot away in your grave six feet below. I swear to curse your name as you decompose.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
1 month ago#54
temerrra posted...
Doom 3 is much better than the overrated repetitive Doom 2016

lol no
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Doom 3 did not age well
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers