• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Doom 3 did not age well

User Info: I3aniard

I3aniard
4 weeks ago#1
Its terrible. Why do people highly rate this game?

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
4 weeks ago#2
It is a highly overated series to begin with.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gamefaqs%20Moderator

I3aniard
4 weeks ago#3
DarkHalf91 posted...
It is a highly overated series to begin with.

I was expecting Dead space or another game equivalent to Dead space's quality level. I extremely feel disappointed. People that recommend it should stop, seriously.

User Info: jason19192

jason19192
4 weeks ago#4
I played it back in 2011 for the first time and it was one of the most monotonous games I've ever played in my life.

I3aniard
4 weeks ago#5
jason19192 posted...
I played it back in 2011 for the first time and it was one of the most monotonous games I've ever played in my life.

Exactly. I would've said this back then, as well, I bet.

User Info: BadassblackTA

BadassblackTA
4 weeks ago#6
They tried to go with a different direction. Not terrible but they learned from it and thus Doom 2016 wa as made.
hmm...

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
4 weeks ago#7
Doom 3 and HL2 were the best looking games of 2004. With top graphics, it was quite scary for its time, but it was never considered a good "Doom" game. Now that it no longer looks good or scary at all, there is nothing else to see.

On PC, the co-op mod was another fun thing while the graphics were god tier. One person held the flashlight, second person did the shooting. But even that feels outdated now...
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Win 10 Pro | Vive Pro | PS4 Pro | The only Pro platforms for Pro gamers.

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 weeks ago#8
BadassblackTA posted...
They tried to go with a different direction. Not terrible but they learned from it and thus Doom 2016 wa as made.

They actually didn't go a different direction at all, they carried on from doom 64s direction. Doom 2016 is basically serious Sam with a doom skin.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: jason19192

jason19192
4 weeks ago#9
BadassblackTA posted...

Doom 2016 still has the problem of being too long with repetitive environments, the only difference is that there's a bit more variety in the gameplay.

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
4 weeks ago#10
Doom 3 is the best f***ing DOOM by far.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Doom 3 did not age well
  • Topic Archived