• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do people not like Sekiro?

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
3 weeks ago#101
ill like it when it drops in price.
https://media.giphy.com/media/afjAKwdzH1KYU/giphy.gif
(message deleted)

User Info: wild361

wild361
3 weeks ago#103
I was very on the fence until the final boss. That tailhole broke me. Devastating attacks that break your stamina quickly, stupid reach, stupid speed, and stupid rush down speed should you gain some separation. This was after enduring a few other late game bosses with similar nonsense. Everything was just made to be annoying for annoyance sake from my perspective.

Once I got gud and beat him I worked to finish the plat and called it a wrap. I won't be returning for 2 should there be one. This is someone that enjoyed and beat the modern Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.

The moderate

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
3 weeks ago#104
Some people like it, some don’t. There is no public opinion.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
3 weeks ago#105
Guardian Ape
Waving the flag is fun.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 weeks ago#106
PS4TW posted...
People who can’t parry and relied on summoning in souls games are the ones that dislike it.

I just beat it for 3rd time, this time no health upgrades and demon bell on. Yet I have major gripes with it. In many ways its much worse than bb/souls unfortunetly.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
3 weeks ago#107
Korppi123 posted...
I just beat it for 3rd time, this time no health upgrades and demon bell on. Yet I have major gripes with it. In many ways its much worse than bb/souls unfortunetly.

1) If you beat it 3 times, you love the game.

2) True, but Sekiro does a lot of things better than Souls/Bloodborne as well. That's expected, one is a pure story driven action game with stealth elements, while Souls/BB are action rpgs.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3 and TLoZ: Breath of the Wild.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 weeks ago#108
Brownstone posted...
Korppi123 posted...

1) If you beat it 3 times, you love the game.

2) True, but Sekiro does a lot of things better than Souls/Bloodborne as well. That's expected, one is a pure story driven action game with stealth elements, while Souls/BB are action rpgs.

I do like it. The level design, story, exploration. Just dont think its as good as souls :/, especially the combat, its great sometimes, sometimes just dull/repetive. Like when I realised I could just spam at lady butterfly indefinetly by doing dodge attack non stop, also works to an extent against genichiro, corrupted monk and lot of the minibosses.

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
3 weeks ago#109
Alot of people just can't get over the fact it's not a souls game. I find it a bit annoying, that theres some kinda unwritten fanboy doctrine that stats that the devs aren't allowed to make anything els. It's just unbelievably closed minded.

And from the consumer standpoints really selfish. I can understand not liking the game. But it always boilds down to *insert it's not soulsborne* or something soulsborne related. Sekiro is not a souls game, it's not trying to be. it wasn't ment to be.

That's like saying *insert new ip* is bad because it's not like *insert long running series*...well..no s**** it's a different freaking game.

Let them live.

Then you have this other camp that just.. and im gonna be blut here just suck at the game. And blame the games mechanics. Gone is the a ability to just tank things and mash R1 to victory or roll your way to salivation. In sekiro knowing enime patterns and habits is much more important, you can't cheese as much and you have to actually fight and know weaknesses...for alot of people that just doesn't gel well. Fights in sekrio are much more personal and require a lot more player intimacy.

Lastly the camp that says.."well sekiro sux and is boring and to easy, all you do is parry everything to death, hurp,durp. Souls is so much more challenging"

My response to that...all you do in souls is R1 everything to death...ur point? And please show me your godlike gamplay and how bad you are at souls games...cuz they ant that hard.

At the end of the day. Both games are similar. In fact a lot of the things you can do in souls you can do in sekrio. But when ur complaints boil down to it's not souls or something stupid about the mechanics...you loose me.
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: captainjeff87

captainjeff87
3 weeks ago#110
It's because Sekiro and any other Soulsborne games are garbage and only popular because of artificial difficulty. Take that away and you have a boring generic hack-n-slash game.
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do people not like Sekiro?
  • Topic Archived