• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do people not like Sekiro?

User Info: pcmike2

pcmike2
1 month ago#1
I was just called a pleb for saying I liked it. But when I pressed for details, they didn't respond. The mark of a p****.

Anyway, why is there hate for it? I thought the atmosphere and environment were pretty interesting, very weird things. Bosses were fun too.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#2
Pleb
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
1 month ago#3
People who can’t parry and relied on summoning in souls games are the ones that dislike it.
"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
1 month ago#4
PS4TW posted...
People who can’t parry and relied on summoning in souls games are the ones that dislike it.

Not in totality.

I really like Soulsborne games. I only summoned help twice. I parry just fine for the most part in them.

I feel confused by the way they expanded the parry mechanic and built a game around it in Sekiro. I’d have preferred a straight action game, or a Soulslike. Their fusion of it felt really weird to me. I wanted one or the other. I never understood and got the hang of Sekiro’s version of it.
"We all float down here..."

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#5
I'm fine with no summoning, but tbh I'm not too good at parrying bosses. So I stopped like 1/3rd through and just never went back.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: LandfillAO

LandfillAO
1 month ago#6
Because half those people thought it was going to be Dark Souls: Japan and the other half just wanted to stir up s*** about easy modes and accessibility.

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 month ago#7
People don't like realizing that they are bad at something, so instead of trying to "git gud" they blame the game instead.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Mario Maker ID: 2YB-YB7-8TF | Steam Name: Chilly01234 | Battlenet Tag: Chilly#1608

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#8
Because its difficult and unrewarding which isn't fun for most gamers.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
1 month ago#9
I shed the souls link and went in fresh without spoiling any thing and loved the hell out of it
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: Joseph689

Joseph689
1 month ago#10
Nothing was enjoyable for me, at all. The parry mechanic was rubbish and game shouldn't of been built around it.
If it was like nioh I'd love it, but no, I'll play nioh instead, thats a satisfying game done right.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do people not like Sekiro?
  • Topic Archived