• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. At What Age Did You Get Your First Real Job?

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
4 weeks ago#1
At What Age Did You Get Your First Real Job? - Results (240 votes)
Ages 1 - 10
1.67% (4 votes)
Ages 11 - 15
18.33% (44 votes)
Ages 16 - 20
48.75% (117 votes)
Ages 21 - 25
17.92% (43 votes)
Ages 26 - 30
5.42% (13 votes)
Ages 31 - Up
1.25% (3 votes)
Have Never Had A Read Job
6.67% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious, at what age did you obtain your real first job?

I'm not talking about babysitting or working for your uncle on the side and getting paid cash under the table, I'm taking about having actual fixed hours, getting a real paycheque, having to report your income to the IRS/CRA/whatever and running the risk of getting sacked.

For me, warehouse job when 15. It felt good to have a job, and even though I was only getting around $4.00 and hour, I knew that I earned it and I could do what I wanted with it.

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
4 weeks ago#2
16 doing factory work for bakery foods. Was doing 12 hour shifts for 3 days and 1 half day. Paid pretty good!
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
4 weeks ago#3
The day of my 16th birthday, I got a job at a Marco's Pizza. Stayed there for 3 years. Got some half-ass pay, but would always have something to eat.
Your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it. / I'm also going to say this, Hunter Schafer is hot. Fight me. / I want my nipple clamps full of amps.

User Info: Syggys

Syggys
4 weeks ago#4
16. Worked a few weeks manual labour. First day we were clearing out an old building, guy handed me a pickaxe, put me in a room with a bunch of old furniture and said, "I want you to smash all this s*** up". Was pretty tight. Got boring after that though. Jobs are trash and working is for b****es.
DBFZ: Buu/Nappa/Gotenks // SFV: Birdie/Abigail // KoF14: Chang/Antonov/Dinosaur
UK // PSN: SygBoss

User Info: Fryedaddy4

Fryedaddy4
4 weeks ago#5
McDonald's when I was 16. Some of my friends worked there but it still sucked.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1086998/wilsongf_medium.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbtyEYk-fY

User Info: President-Pug

President-Pug
4 weeks ago#6
20.. would have gotten one sooner but my parents wouldn't let me get a job in highschool.... it was rough having no spending money
Hail Sithis

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
4 weeks ago#7
When I was 13 or 14. Worked at a bakery and pastry shop when I used to live in Germany.

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
4 weeks ago#8
20. Got a job at 7-11.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: x_lone_x_wolf_x

x_lone_x_wolf_x
4 weeks ago#9
Whoever picks 1-10 should explain.
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 weeks ago#10
Paper boy, started the summer between 7th and 8th grade so 12ish, had the job for about 2 years. Than I quit and just sold pot for a few years lol.
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7, PSN:Dragonlibrarian, Switch:6996-4479-5279
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. At What Age Did You Get Your First Real Job?
  • Topic Archived