• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dragon's Dogma is on sale, is it worth it?

User Info: satm

satm
1 month ago#1
https://i.imgtc.ws/25DCXSV.png

I've heard many great things and tried it out back on last gen for a couple of hours, it was ok but it had black borders at the top and bottom of the screen, I heard they fixed it.

User Info: Ninja_Gaignun

Ninja_Gaignun
1 month ago#2
Absolutely worth it.
Flight is Might!

User Info: Kickflip

Kickflip
1 month ago#3
Dragon's Dogma is always worth it.
https://i.imgtc.ws/LdL3cXu.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/EXJmSZF.gif

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#4
skip it
why start now

User Info: Troutfisch

Troutfisch
1 month ago#5
Absolutely, Dragon's Dogma with the Dark Arisen expansion is an awesome experience. The pawn system is unique and the combat is among the best when it comes to open world RPGs.

Truly wish Capcom would greenlight a sequel already.
PSN: Troutfisch

User Info: Proletarian

Proletarian
1 month ago#6
Yeah, great game, especially if you’re a scale-hound like me and like the idea of climbing enemies a la SotC.
I am an advocate for the right to arm bears.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
1 month ago#7
f*** yeah! On my top 10 games of all time, over the last 42 years.

Pawn system is great, combat is tight, BBI is great, good music, one of the best day/night cycles I've ever seen, I could go on.
Less is more.

User Info: Quan__Cheap

Quan__Cheap
1 month ago#8
Game is super fun. The combat is amazing and so many different ”classes”

Also if you buy the game, make sure to put companions on mute from the settings. Companion voice lines are hilariously bad, and not in a good way
Playing: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled & Age of wonders: Planetfall

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 month ago#9
I didn't like it but it's worth a go cheap. Kinda depends on how much s*** you're willing to put up with for a fun combat system.

On the player side there's an absolute s***load of build and move options and your variety of techniques is outstanding for a fantasy OW RPG. You can also climb around on stuff, although most enemies are more easily handled by just wailing on them, still fun to do though.

On the other hand damage scaling is completely f***ed and it has infinite pause healing so how well you perform is secondary to just having numbers in your favour or vice versa. Movement around the world is f***ing annoying due to the glacial stamina recharge and short sprint windows. The overarching lore is pretty cool, but the entire plot is off topic fetch questing until post-game. The menus and inventory management are some of the worst I've ever seen with countless trips into and out of menus since functions are so limited to specific windows.

I did enjoy fights where it felt fairly balanced (Ie takes more than one combo to kill an enemy, but less than six minutes) a lot, but there were only like, 7 of them all game for me. 95% of my time with the game was a slog.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
1 month ago#10
One of my favourite games of all time.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dragon's Dogma is on sale, is it worth it?
  • Topic Archived