• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony and Disney's negotiations over Spidey aren't concluded

User Info: Kamina85

Kamina85
4 weeks ago#1
Let's all settle down, yeah things could go south, but I feel Disney knows that a smaller cut is preferable to not having Spidey in any more crossover films.

User Info: Lovecraftiangod

Lovecraftiangod
4 weeks ago#2
Sony only owns the movie rights. If they can't come to a deal with Disney no more spiderman games either
If you don't like Doctor Who you're wrong
https://thesatanictemple.com/

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
4 weeks ago#3
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Sony only owns the movie rights. If they can't come to a deal with Disney no more spiderman games either

They own everything Spider-Man except the comics. Sony wasn't asking Disney's permission to have Spider-Man games in the past. Why do you think they need to now?

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
4 weeks ago#4

more ignorance
Just tell it to call you "Billy"...
https://i.imgtc.com/q17bfpM.gif

User Info: infamousify

infamousify
4 weeks ago#5

Sony owns Insomniac Games so who would Disney get to do said Spiderman games anyway for them EA lol they can't even do Star Wars Right.

User Info: seankimberley42

seankimberley42
4 weeks ago#6
RingsOfUranus posted...

They own everything Spider-Man except the comics. Sony wasn't asking Disney's permission to have Spider-Man games in the past. Why do you think they need to now?

No, they own the movie rights. Disney owns the merchandising rights and the rights to the comics, video games and television shows. Hell the 2017 animated Spider-Man show was produced by Disney and shown on Disney XD.
"THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE WALLS, MAN, THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE GODDAMN WALLS!!" - R.I.P. Hudson
Innovation is the engine of tomorrows economy

User Info: infamousify

infamousify
4 weeks ago#7
seankimberley42 posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

No, they own the movie rights. Disney owns the merchandising rights and the rights to the comics, video games and television shows. Hell the 2017 animated Spider-Man show was produced by Disney and shown on Disney XD.

Does Disney own the Rights to The Spectacular Spiderman Series as on the wiki it says Sony retained ownership of it & the production elements created specifically for it.

seankimberley42
4 weeks ago#8
infamousify posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

Does Disney own the Rights to The Spectacular Spiderman Series as on the wiki it says Sony retained ownership of it & the production elements created specifically for it.

I don’t know but on that very wiki it states this; “On September 1, 2009, the television rights for Spider-Man were returned to Marvel by Sony. ” . Also, there have been at least two Disney produced Spider-Man shows since then with no Sony involvement. Not only that, Sony wanted to make more episodes but Disney said no, which proves Spider-Man’s tv rights are owned by Disney
"THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE WALLS, MAN, THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE GODDAMN WALLS!!" - R.I.P. Hudson

User Info: Wakizashi_513

Wakizashi_513
4 weeks ago#9
infamousify posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

I don’t know but on that very wiki it states this; “On September 1, 2009, the television rights for Spider-Man were returned to Marvel by Sony. ” . Also, there have been at least two Disney produced Spider-Man shows since then with no Sony involvement. Not only that, Sony wanted to make more episodes but Disney said no, which proves Spider-Man’s tv rights are owned by Disney

I'll never stop being salty for The Spectacular Spider-Man being canceled.

seankimberley42
4 weeks ago#10
Wakizashi_513 posted...
infamousify posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

I'll never stop being salty for The Spectacular Spider-Man being canceled.

I’m on my forties, I never watched it. You guys are lucky, when I was growing up all I got for Spidey outside the comics was the s***ty 60s version. The only thing good about that was the theme.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony and Disney's negotiations over Spidey aren't concluded
  • Topic Archived