• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. sigh, so I guess microsoft wins NEXT gen right? sony>micro>sony>micro?

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
3 weeks ago#21
More powerful system

Gamepass

Backward compatibility across all Xbox’s life span (we still don’t know anything about ps5s bc plans)

Enhancing backward compatible games in 4K

Backward compatibility with controllers

Bought tons of new studios for next gen exclusives

Forced Sony to accept crossplay

Worked with Nintendo

I’d say Microsoft is setting themselves up to dominate next gen. What has ps5 announced officially to compete? We know it has BC but not actual information, we know Sony is now interested in bringing its games to PC, and we know they bought Insomniac, a studio they basically worked exclusively with already aside from one MS game.

I buy both, but I think Sony is going to have to try next gen and not just coast along like the ps4, it can’t rely on a handful of excellent exclusives to carry the brand, MS so far isn’t shooting itself in the foot like it did with the Xbox one.

Honestly I hope they go way deeper into VR. VR has been great so far and MS hasn’t had any counter to it.

Anyway, I know how this board has a rabid fanboy mob mentality and I’ll get ripped apart here...but hey, I own both and always buy both so what cha gonna do.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: Yusif

Yusif
3 weeks ago#22
Zombody2 posted...
More powerful system

Gamepass

Backward compatibility across all Xbox’s life span (we still don’t know anything about ps5s bc plans)

Enhancing backward compatible games in 4K

Backward compatibility with controllers

Bought tons of new studios for next gen exclusives

Forced Sony to accept crossplay

Worked with Nintendo

I’d say Microsoft is setting themselves up to dominate next gen. What has ps5 announced officially to compete? We know it has BC but not actual information, we know Sony is now interested in bringing its games to PC, and we know they bought Insomniac, a studio they basically worked exclusively with already aside from one MS game.

I buy both, but I think Sony is going to have to try next gen and not just coast along like the ps4, it can’t rely on a handful of excellent exclusives to carry the brand, MS so far isn’t shooting itself in the foot like it did with the Xbox one.

Honestly I hope they go way deeper into VR. VR has been great so far and MS hasn’t had any counter to it.

Anyway, I know how this board has a rabid fanboy mob mentality and I’ll get ripped apart here...but hey, I own both and always buy both so what cha gonna do.

I would say you are lying and you don't own a PS4 but then I saw your signature...

But that aside, Microsoft will not win because PC will always have better hardware. The only reason to get a console is its exclusives and Microsoft doesn't have any good one yet other than Forza (which I bought a Xbox One X for and FH3, FH4, Forza Motorsport 7 are the only games in it). But racing is a niche genre and it isn't enough to sell a lot of consoles. Also they release all their games on PC so...
Top 3 Favorite Game Series: God of War, Soulsborne, Devil May Cry.

User Info: pcutta

pcutta
3 weeks ago#23
Microsoft never won a gen though. Wii won the 360 era and ps3 was second. Despite the 360 having a year head start over the ps3 and the 600 dollar launch plus other issues. Red ring of death caused multiple purchases of 360s but also pissed many off.
Titan973 (psn)
Rainbow 6 Siege, Warframe, Titanfall 2, Battlefield, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, The Division 2, Diablo 3 (switch version)

User Info: bandit__74

bandit__74
3 weeks ago#24
MrDude1 posted...
console wars winners in chronological order

*debatable
**not debatable

magnavox odyssey *
atari 2600
nes
super nes *
ps1
ps2
Nintendo wii**
ps4

Fixed. MS has never won and console generation and never will. They have no videogame chops.
Fav games by gen:
Yar's Revenge/Wonder Boy III:Dragon's Trap/Rings of Power/FF Tactics/Rogue Galaxy/Mass Effect 2/Hellblade(so far)

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
3 weeks ago#25
bandit__74 posted...
MrDude1 posted...

*debatable
**not debatable

magnavox odyssey *
atari 2600
nes
super nes *
ps1
ps2
Nintendo wii**
ps4

Fixed. MS has never won and console generation and never will. They have no videogame chops.

i am aware wii outsold xbox 360. don't get me wrong i like the wii. i bought 2 wiis and i emulate it on my pc.

the debatable part is that third party support for the wii is mostly shovelware junk that core gamers are not interested in, and no core gamer was satisfied with just a wii without either ps3 or xbox 360 back then.
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU | GTX 1070 8 GB GPU | 16 GB RGB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1 TB NVMe | B450 Tomahawk mobo | 750W Platinum
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logi M570

User Info: CGB_Spender

CGB_Spender
3 weeks ago#26
tony1221 posted...
Actually PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide.

Either way the Wii outsold them both.
Wii sold most hardware, 360 sold most software.

User Info: Kiryun

Kiryun
3 weeks ago#27
microsoft never won a single gen, the PS3 edged out the 360 at the end.
I can actually be nice if you treat me with respect. Act like a jerk and you'll get it right back.

User Info: Down_Time

Down_Time
3 weeks ago#28
Terantatek posted...
Quality > Quantity

Or did you all forget? Why the sales numbers? It all you got?

So what is your qualitative assignment of gen winners?
Currently Playing: | Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4) | Bloodborne | Fire Emblem: Awakening |

User Info: Kiryun

Kiryun
3 weeks ago#29
MrDude1 posted...

*debatable

magnavox odyssey *
atari 2600
nes
super nes *
ps1
ps2
xbox 360 *
ps4
how is super nes winning debatable?
I can actually be nice if you treat me with respect. Act like a jerk and you'll get it right back.

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
3 weeks ago#30
How MS won with 360 PS3 still out sold it, some people just don't understand the PS brand is worldwide Xbox isn't and Xbox will never out sell a PS console because of it, nobody cares about Xbox outside of US and maybe UK where PS is still the better seller.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. sigh, so I guess microsoft wins NEXT gen right? sony>micro>sony>micro?
  • Topic Archived