• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Now Dragon Age 4 lead producer quits Bioware

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
4 weeks ago#41
Bioware is done and I can't say I'm sad after playing the garbage they've been putting out these past few years.

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
4 weeks ago#42
Any RPG dev that uses auto scaling to keep their game from stagnation is just bad.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

User Info: john7281

john7281
4 weeks ago#43
DarkSymbiote posted...
john7281 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
It's unfortunate people seriously expected Dragon Age 4 to be any good after Inquisition.

I feel it's one of the top 5 rpg's this generation if you dont include remakes, ports or remasters of older games. If not top top 5 it's no lower than top 10, because there aren't 9 rpg's better since ps4 launched outside of as I said ports, remakes and remasters.

That says more about the quality of the modern RPG though.

I know, just like I know people also say there are tons of good rpg's on the ps4. I see people call it a bad game and mention there are a lot of rpg's better, I however don't see many better.
PSN Faclorien
IGN : John FC: 3325 7804 6627

User Info: Rygon

Rygon
4 weeks ago#44
As I understand it, one guy in the Austin studio left and one guy in Edmonton left. BioWare is not one small studio that just lost a large percentage of people. Like when people say EA is gonna close Bioware because of Andromeda. That was made by a newer team in Montreal, and they were closed or merged somewhere as a consequence of Andromeda. EA did close the team that made it, it has already happened and it's not Edmonton. Why would Edmonton be closed for Montreal's game?
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108

User Info: idonliketurtles

idonliketurtles
4 weeks ago#45
MoreJava posted...
It’s like the nerdy white guys who used to make good BioWare games all retired or found new jobs, and left a bunch of young people and liberal activists to run the company without a f***ing clue how to make video games

So the leadership takes on a project, just like the lead producer, and sees the SJW work environment where the game doesn’t matter, and everyone has to bow down to pronouns and give women the last donut at the office, mandatory, he sees that day in and day out, he starts drinking under his desk, and throwing up sometimes because he hates this life, they aren’t even making games, just having equality meetings all day, and EA pays for the show to continue until the last 6 months they have to actually make the game.

He isn’t allowed to manage the work time spent on Dragon Age, because he could offend someone more woke than him by telling them to do their job, or hurt their typing fingers.

The only time his boss backs him up is when Microtransactions or woke dialogue have to be adjusted to be more awful, and eventually he covers his eyes on his drive home, floors the accelerator and just stops showing up to work next week.

RIP

Lol you people that come up with stuff like this are such drama queens, the guy was making well into 6-figures for doing basic management. He was compensated very well for having stayed that long.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
4 weeks ago#46
BarneyBosco posted...
Any RPG dev that uses auto scaling to keep their game from stagnation is just bad.

So obsidian are bad :( and I so liked their games.

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
4 weeks ago#47
What's a bioware?
I though they ceased to exist?
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: UltraCiggy

UltraCiggy
4 weeks ago#48
I stopped caring about Bioware long ago. The talent left and the company name has lost all goodwill from me. I'm sure EA will shut down Bioware next, with Respawn close behind them.

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
4 weeks ago#49
after inquisitions poor attempt at a story, andromedas even worse story and characters, and anthems everything i really dont see bioware bouncing back.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: SacredDarkness

SacredDarkness
4 weeks ago#50
silverden75 posted...
after inquisitions poor attempt at a story, andromedas even worse story and characters, and anthems everything i really dont see bioware bouncing back.

It's not going to happen, the lead leaving was a very clear sign that dragon age 4 is going to be a complete pile of s***. If it wasn't already. the leads leaving seems to be a sign that something was happening that they couldn't agree with on it's direction, and every time, after the games they were leading all bombed.

I really hope no one is expecting 4 to be good.

Respawn is starting to show the early signs of contamination now. The cycle continues..
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Now Dragon Age 4 lead producer quits Bioware
  • Topic Archived