• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anthem's lead producer quits.

User Info: KuzefromYakuza0

KuzefromYakuza0
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.videogamer.com/news/anthem-lead-producer-has-left-bioware-after-eight-years-at-the-studio

Stick a fork in Anthem I suppose. I've been playing a lot of old school games from the 90s recently (Dragon Quest III remake on SNES ftw) and having a blast. No always online logins or games as a service to deal with. If an all streaming future happens I'll be fine with my backlog and access to retro gaming. I'm set.

Sorry about the Anthem players. Hopefully now you would've learned a lesson and do research before buying a game, especially one published by EA or Activision.

Modern gaming sure is helping me save money for other things at least.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
4 weeks ago#2
Roadmap ditched or are they still keeping it on life support?

KuzefromYakuza0
4 weeks ago#3
Korppi123 posted...
Roadmap ditched or are they still keeping it on life support?

Looks like it's ditched. That's another issue with live services. They'll only keep supporting it if it's a BIG hit.

User Info: TruthBomber21

TruthBomber21
4 weeks ago#4
KuzefromYakuza0 posted...
https://www.videogamer.com/news/anthem-lead-producer-has-left-bioware-after-eight-years-at-the-studio

Stick a fork in Anthem I suppose. I've been playing a lot of old school games from the 90s recently (Dragon Quest III remake on SNES ftw) and having a blast. No always online logins or games as a service to deal with. If an all streaming future happens I'll be fine with my backlog and access to retro gaming. I'm set.

Sorry about the Anthem players. Hopefully now you would've learned a lesson and do research before buying a game, especially one published by EA or Activision.

Modern gaming sure is helping me save money for other things at least.

Seems the industry has passed you by but at least you've come to terms with it.

You dont have to do any research when it comes to square games. They've pumped out nothing but garbage for well over a decade.

User Info: Joseph689

Joseph689
4 weeks ago#5
Maybe it's for the best, maybe it's not. Anthem is a fun game, in very small doses.

It can't really get any worse though.

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#6
Lol called this game flopping from day 1

idk why anyone even bought it
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: NecroFoul99

NecroFoul99
4 weeks ago#7
KuzefromYakuza0 posted...
Hopefully now you would've learned a lesson and do research before buying a game, especially one published by EA or Activision.

How magnanimous of you to care like that.

Thank you. Makes it all a bit more bearable.

Seriously, though...I would wager most of us knew the risk and decided to gamble anyway. I know I did...still had 300 hours of fun.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/NecroFoul99/games?list_type=1&platform=0

User Info: Joeydollaz

Joeydollaz
4 weeks ago#8
So sad, they wanted their own Destiny

sorry EA

User Info: tr1bes

tr1bes
4 weeks ago#9
To each their own.
Good to be a gamer.

KuzefromYakuza0
4 weeks ago#10
Joeydollaz posted...
So sad, they wanted their own Destiny

sorry EA

They'll deny that they were trying to make a Destiny clone, but in the end we saw that it became a Destiny clone.

It's pretty sad, especially when old Bioware were just so talented.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anthem's lead producer quits.
  • Topic Archived