• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you want a 4K drive in the PS5?

User Info: GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R
4 weeks ago#1
4K disks? - Results (95 votes)
No
30.53% (29 votes)
Yes
69.47% (66 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I already have an Oppo BDP-203 and that other console (whose next version will almost certainly have a 4K drive).

But it wouldn’t hurt to have another 4K player. Also if they’re going for 8K textures, they will need more optical disk storage space.
"Knowing what we know, we can't figure out how the GT-R goes around the Nurburgring so fast." - Lucca Torre, Scuderia Ferrari

User Info: Joeydollaz

Joeydollaz
4 weeks ago#2
Sony owns BLU-RAY, so they don't care

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 weeks ago#3
I don't care either way, I use a stand alone player for movies

I've never even used the one in my xbox

User Info: Manservice

Manservice
4 weeks ago#4
My Xbox has it so I don’t really care

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
4 weeks ago#5
Don't care
PlayStation Ranking: PS2>PS1>PS3>Vita>PS4
Favorite Genres: TP Survival Horror w/ Combat, JRPG, Musou, 3D Beat'em up, Fighting, VN

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
4 weeks ago#6
I don't use discs so no.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#7
Nah. I'm not re-buying my entire blu-ray collection on 4K. Extreme diminishing returns. As long as I have a good bitrate 1080p video and lossless audio, I'm happy.
Less is more.

User Info: Bird_Man_Yu

Bird_Man_Yu
4 weeks ago#8
Don't got a 4K TV and don't plan on getting one, so that would be a pretty useless feature to me,so No.
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TwilightGundam01.png
Fate/Grand Order EN: 866,770,168. Fate/Grand Order JP: 688,739,705.

User Info: DBN_Stealth

DBN_Stealth
4 weeks ago#9
yes. maybe then id start upgrading my collection.

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
4 weeks ago#10
I haven't gone out of my way to buy a 4K player and start buying 4K movies, so I wouldn't particularly care whether or not the PS5 had that option. Large portions of my collection are still DVD and I can't be bothered to upgrade them to Blu-Ray, so I'm not going to feel horribly disappointed that I can't watch them in 4K.

Hell, I still have some movies on VHS. Granted, I don't actually have a player anymore and I'm keeping the movies purely because they have fond memories attached to them, but if I had a player, I'd use it. Good movies don't need to be 4K.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you want a 4K drive in the PS5?
  • Topic Archived