• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Seem piracy is on the rise again

User Info: yahya_no1

yahya_no1
1 week ago#1
From games, TV dhows to movies, the seems to have been a spike in the torrent sites again.

The industry is a big part to blame on this.

With all their pre order bonuses, tire list, special edition, pre planned DLC, always DRM online, season pass, MT and loot boxes....list can actually go on.

seems more and more are fed up with this, I myself barley have time to even join them, but I would do the same if I had time lol, seems internet is going a full circle, I myself sometimes crack the game I buy to remove the silly DRM, I fond it runs the game much better.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Junior_AIN

Junior_AIN
1 week ago#2
You harvest what you sow.
+ | + https://marcoagj.wordpress.com/ + | +
| | | | https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Marco_AGJ | | | |

User Info: BehemothBlade

BehemothBlade
1 week ago#3
I didnt bother to pirate the recent Assasins Creed games.

It was not worth for free.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: hellhammer

hellhammer
1 week ago#4
yahya_no1 posted...
From games, TV dhows to movies, the seems to have been a spike in the torrent sites again.

The industry is a big part to blame on this.

With all their pre order bonuses, tire list, special edition, pre planned DLC, always DRM online, season pass, MT and loot boxes....list can actually go on.

seems more and more are fed up with this, I myself barley have time to even join them, but I would do the same if I had time lol, seems internet is going a full circle, I myself sometimes crack the game I buy to remove the silly DRM, I fond it runs the game much better.

Great evidence you have here.

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
1 week ago#5
yahya_no1 posted...

No, it's actually because instead of just one site for streaming movies and shows, they've now all taken their stuff off Netflix and opened their own streaming sites, so if you want to watch things, you need 5-6 different subscriptions at $7-$10 a month each.
I smolder with generic rage.
Piracy and buying used, to punish is a ridiculous excuse.
Female Anime Character - Bio says she's 18yo - "she's a kid"
Poison - Bio says she's a man - "she's a man" GameFAQs

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 week ago#7
Have you been watching Techquickie?

The problem is that studios have a good thing, then they take it for granted and get greedy. No doubt piracy has risen on PC too solely due to Epic too, though the other reasons you mentioned certainly play a part, especially the DRM.
Trump is the greatest president!
Deliver Brexit!

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
1 week ago#8
Meh, this is why every game needs to be f2p with some way to monetize...

Theres a reason why mobile games is getting so much money and its not because of p2w, infact most gacha games are completely f2p for the first years worth of content.
^ After the first year, many mobage ramps up the difficulity but at the same time, if you've been playing a game for a year, you're expected to have some kind of investment in it and are more willing to pay for your entertainment.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
1 week ago#9
BS. It's never been easier to buy games, and they've never been this affordable. Don't try and justify piracy as anything other than what it is: thieves not wanting to pay for stuff.
Put. That coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only.

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
1 week ago#10
Ultimately, the GRB* will win over a bunch of software pirates in the end.

*Greedy Rich Bastards
I like games. I play them. I have some. I keep them on a harddrive in my console. I'd like to have more of them. That's where PSN comes in.....
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Seem piracy is on the rise again
  • Topic Closed