• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. 100% Sekiro needs a "normal" mode

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
1 month ago#1
Its currently on impossible difficulty by default. I am a Soulsborne vet who started with demon's souls. Those games hardly ever felt cheap, simply tough but fair.

I am 3 hours in, and i just can't... everything kills you in one hit. I get to a guy stuck in some wooden prison, and all his wrestling moves kill me in one hit. I then decide to go to another area i discovered, some burning village, and i get to some guy with a long sword, and he kills me in one hit. Everything is happening so lightning fast, its hard to guess when to do specific dodges, or when to stop blocking to attack.

How can a game demand absolute perfection at the very start?

I am just not having fun... i feel like money wasted.

Should i even continue to bother?

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#2
It doesn't demand perfection from the very start. You just suck and lack the essence of the git gud.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: regs8376

regs8376
1 month ago#3
I didnt die in one hit at the beginning.
GT: EnvyTheMalice
PSN: franchise14
(message deleted)

User Info: DongJohnson

DongJohnson
1 month ago#5
If you're not able to activate Git Gud mode, you should sell it & move onto something more your speed.

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
1 month ago#6
I'll be honest, without being able to summon help, I'm really struggling with this game.

I still can't beat Lady Butterfly and her stupid second phase. I'm currently stuck in about 3 or 4 other areas as well.

I guess my reflexes are just not what they used to be.
It seems to me that the biggest trolls on GameFAQs are the moderators themselves.

User Info: random_man9119

random_man9119
1 month ago#7
I'm terrible at Sekiro... but I ended up getting past the Ogre guy... I'm stuck on the stuff immediately after though lol...

You don't have to be perfect... You just have to be better...
NNID:MrOddities|PSN:OddGamer2013
Playing: CTR: Nitro-Fueled|Our World is Ended|Dragon Quest XI|For The King|Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3|AFK Arena

User Info: ufara

ufara
1 month ago#8
Granted. You get a normal mode but it's still as difficult as it currently is and a new hard difficulty can be selected on starting a new game.
My t**s are in permanent party mode. They refuse to be calm.
If it looks like I'm s*** posting, I'm probably s*** posting.

User Info: BaschLives

BaschLives
1 month ago#9
Some gfaq user beat it with one hand because he doesn't have the other

So git gud

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#10
MrMikeMa posted...
I'll be honest, without being able to summon help, I'm really struggling with this game.

I still can't beat Lady Butterfly and her stupid second phase. I'm currently stuck in about 3 or 4 other areas as well.

I guess my reflexes are just not what they used to be.

It's just a matter of practice. I got owned on my first playthrough and many bosses killed me 10+ time. But the soul of the git gud was with me, so I kept trying and eventually prevailed. The game on NG+ and beyond was significantly easier after that.

But I was fairly underpowered for some of the bosses. And I relied on straight up combat without using tools all that much. There are cheese tactics for every boss out there, but I think the fun part of this game is beating bosses with your own skills and strategies.

Basically, once you adjust to the enemy patterns to the point where your muscle memory automatically responds to their actions, that's when you'll have gitted gud.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. 100% Sekiro needs a "normal" mode
  • Topic Archived