• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Will you be buying the PS5 at launch? Why or why not?

User Info: Setsunahenry

Setsunahenry
1 month ago#11
PS4 will be my last console.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/setsunah0186.png | https://imgtc.com/i/y8mP8yZ.jpg

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#12
Yup already preordered
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: MoToX20

MoToX20
1 month ago#13
Unlikely, since Sony themselves said they don’t expect the PS5 to “take over” the PS4 until a few years after launch and they’re going to continue to support the PS4, I’ll probably wait until then. Although the SSD they’re making for the consoles could potentially eliminate load times, and backwards compatibly with the PS4 is a huge plus. Price will be a major factor(Sony has said they’re planning on taking a good loss on PS5 so hopefully they’ll keep the price down), as well as if most major games will release on the PS4 as well.

The other deciding factor for me will be the PSVR2, if it lives up to expectations I may get them both shortly after launch(depending on when PSVR2 is available), I always wait to see if there’s any major bugs/glitches for consoles before buying. I enjoy the current VR(RE7, Astrobot, Wipeout and a few others are amazing VR experiences), but the weight, not being cordless, eye strain, controllers and lack of AAA VR games keep me from playing it as much as I’d like. All of those are expected to be addressed with PSVR2, if they are it’ll be enough for me to move to next gen earlier. What I’ve read about PSVR2 gives me high hopes.
There's no such thing as a Saint without a past, or a sinner without a future.
The truly wise man always has more questions than answers.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
1 month ago#14
no=its a cooperate console that can only play censored/my little pony games.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic,megaman fan

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#15
so till this launches next year around christmas time . this board went from being a ps5 board till a ps5 board

to stay on topic .of course i will be buying it at launch same as xbox new one
have to leep up with the new tech.why play in 4k .i can be playing in 8k with the new tech

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
4 weeks ago#16
Nope, I like to give a new system a year to build up a decent game library and then buy it.
PC - Switch - PS4

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#17
IloveElite posted...
Nope, I like to give a new system a year to build up a decent game library and then buy it.

so in 2021 your buying this .so why you telling us 2 year away your buying this

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: mustad1o

mustad1o
4 weeks ago#18
Depends on the launch price.

User Info: Bob_Dubbery

Bob_Dubbery
4 weeks ago#19
There are no compelling reasons to be an early adopter, and a few compelling reasons to wait a while. Cheaper price, updated (more reliable?) hardware, more (and cheaper) games.

User Info: Zweihanda

Zweihanda
4 weeks ago#20
I'll wait 3 years. I will be laughing at the early adopters though when their units fail in some way.
PSN: Zweihanda
Xbox GT: FatSatan Switch FC SW-6301-8298-6902
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Will you be buying the PS5 at launch? Why or why not?
  • Topic Archived