• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Did you like gtav's story mode more or mgsv's?

User Info: CedarPointcp

CedarPointcp
4 weeks ago#1
only the offline single player of each game - Results (44 votes)
gtav
65.91% (29 votes)
mgsv
34.09% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topics
"Ah, you most likely know it as Myanmar but it'll always be Burma to me"

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 weeks ago#2
I don’t know why, but GTAV just didn’t hook me. I like the series and I gave it a go, but a few hours in, I just had no desire to play it. Seemed like a good game, but it just didn’t interest me for some reason.

I did finish MGSV, but it was major let-down.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
4 weeks ago#3
Why are we comparing GTAV and MGSV again?

The MGSV trailers had a better story than the game itself. Kojima made it seem like it would be one of the darkest and most gripping stories in the series. It was supposed to show how Big Boss went from the hero of MGS3 to the villain of Metal Gear 1/2....then we got MGSV. Calling it a story doesn't even seem right. At least the gameplay was top notch.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://youtu.be/UzC0MEDHcv4

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
4 weeks ago#4
GTA by leaps and bounds. MGSV's story was horrible because Fukushima wasn't co writing the series anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

User Info: synklare

synklare
4 weeks ago#5
One of the weakest elements of MGSV next to the open world was the story so, it's a no contest.

GTAV isn't stellar either but, its better than the flaming pile of s*** Kojima and crew pooped out with MGSV.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/Hybridizm/characters
PSN - Hybridizm

User Info: peontom

peontom
4 weeks ago#6
I like mgsv's story because of the sophisticated intrigue. GTAV's story is just the usual wacky dumbness.

User Info: CrimsonCorp

CrimsonCorp
4 weeks ago#7
GTA V's story has a beginning, middle, and end. It wins by default
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch / Steam: Crimsoncorp

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
4 weeks ago#8
I really disliked both stories, but GTAV's was better because it actually had direction. Still lacking compared to Vice City or San Andreas though imo.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 weeks ago#9
GTA V. I mean, it wasn't story of the year, but MGS V barely had a story, and when it had one it was told through audio logs. Boring. Something about losing languages and throat parasites. No f***ing clue, lmao.

GTA V was just really a story to drive you through the game and give you reasons as to why you needed money. It had its moments, but the missions were really the things that stood out.
Trump is the greatest president!
Deliver Brexit!

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
4 weeks ago#10
GTAV had more story and it was complete so that's a win for GTA over MGS.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Did you like gtav's story mode more or mgsv's?
  • Topic Archived