• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So did anyone watch the "Live Actiob" Lion King Movie?

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
4 weeks ago#21
skermac posted...
Nope I never even saw the original kiddy Disney movies don’t interest me

to much man for disney lol

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
4 weeks ago#22
It was...ok?

Donald Glover and Beyonce don't fit, it's like they're trying to match James Earl Jones and sound regal, but they both, and Beyonce especially, fail at it. Beyonce can't f***ing act at all, let's just say that.

And the f***ing emotionless animals, like good god, that's what made Lion King so great is the expressiveness, but some things just don't work.

The kids killed it in the film, them, James Earl Jones were the best parts.

Timon and Pumba were alright, but the singing parts were rushed and Pumba sounds off.

Be Prepared was actually better than I thought it was going to be, but it was so damn short, Chiwetel never got a chance to shine. The songs were still just ok, but no where near the original.
Your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it.
Gamertag/PSN: SolRaiderN7

User Info: Flare1721

Flare1721
4 weeks ago#23
I like Timon and pumba personally. They weren't amazing but at times real good. And yes James Earl Jones was fantastic as well as the kids for Simba and Nala. All I got from Beyonce was her exact voice from Goldmember and I couldn't unsee it unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XFPkB7csg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4NXJeDJkk

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
4 weeks ago#24
dancing_cactuar posted...
I didn't see the live actiob Lion King, nor did I see the CGI remake that some idiots are trying to claim is live action.
Waving the flag is fun.

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
4 weeks ago#25
why isnt kimba white in this movie?
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
Playing: 428 Shibuya Scramble, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Arc The Lad III, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Samurai Shodown

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
4 weeks ago#26
I'd rather watch the original. That one was good and still holds up.

The new one was unnecessary and lacks the charm of the original with a completely different art style (CGI/realistic) and many character voices/songs being different. Clearly a cash-grab.

How about we get a new story in the same universe like Lion King 3?
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#27
Terantatek posted...
Nicodimus posted...
There's no point. I'll stick with the 1994 version.

The point was to make it look realistic using modern technology. So yeah theres a point. It's just not worth it to you.

By all accounts, it's worse because the CGI models don't emote nearly as well as the cartoon version. Sounds like a downgrade to me.
Less is more.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So did anyone watch the "Live Actiob" Lion King Movie?
  • Topic Archived