• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Justify this price difference.

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
4 weeks ago#1
Bottom: Game.co.uk (physical)
Top: Playstation Store (digital)

https://imgur.com/a/UU0DRDy
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: ironman2009

ironman2009
4 weeks ago#2
nobody has to justify anything to you.
I challenge you to a rap battle

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
4 weeks ago#3
I can't justify it, of course I also almost never buy digital on console for this reason along with the fact that when servers shut down I'll have absolutely zero access to my games. At least with physical you still have a version of the game that's generally at the very least playable even without patches.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
4 weeks ago#4
That’s pretty bad. I don’t get why games in sonys store don’t lose depreciation overtime like every other normal product in world. Sony thinks their king s*** come down to reality Sony.

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
4 weeks ago#5
Games 2 years old and they still sell it full price?
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: kuter

kuter
4 weeks ago#6
Physical store wants to get rid of s***ty games that doesn't sell.

Ps store is the devs that decides the pricing since sony has (obviously) the monopoly on digital.

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
4 weeks ago#7
Its pretty much the norm that games physically can go on sale for $20, but the digital version in the same store remains $60. It blows my mind.

User Info: DeeeFoo

DeeeFoo
4 weeks ago#8
This is my guess, but I think it's because it's a physical copy. Physical copies take up space, so retailers need to manage inventory and sometimes shuffle things around. If certain inventory is sitting in the store for too long, the store will want to get rid of it quickly in order to make space for new items. They usually do this by reducing the price drastically to sell them quickly. This process is known as "dumping".

Digital copies don't usually have this issue.

User Info: NYmasajista

NYmasajista
4 weeks ago#9
Why would we have to justify an older game costing more backwards E in a walled garden digital platform than a physical copy?

Also that's a fun game I just bought it for $12 last week.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 weeks ago#10
I only buy digital if there is literally no physical release.

Digital is a rip-off.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Justify this price difference.
  • Topic Archived