• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are producing consoles outside China.

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#1
https://www.greenmangaming.com/newsroom/2019/07/08/microsoft-sony-nintendo-reportedly-scaling-down-china-console-production/

According to Nikkei Asian Review, “Multiple sources” said that: “Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are also looking at moving some of their game console manufacturing out of the country.” Although US President Trump and Chinese President Xi Jingping met and apparently put a temporary halt to the escalating trade war between the two countries at last weeks G20 summit in Osaka, Nikkei Asian Review asserted: “Multiple sources said the situation was still too uncertain, while rising costs in China were also prompting manufacturers to examine alternatives.”

Nikkei Asian Review contended that the companies are likely to move a percentage of their existing console production out of China, rather than completely pulling it from the country – in order to beat the prospective US tariffs by making consoles earmarked for the US market elsewhere in the world. It quoted “A supply chain executive familiar with the plans,” as saying: “The industry consensus is to move an average of some 30% of production out of China depending on how important the US market is.”

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#2
Rumors suggest, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft will go to Vietnam/Taiwan for console production.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
1 month ago#3
works for me.

they know folks don't want to pay more for these consoles.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#4
youngskillz posted...
works for me.

they know folks don't want to pay more for these consoles.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
1 month ago#5
The idea is if they move production to the US it creates jobs and helps people start getting raises again.

If they move production to Vietnam/Taiwan Trump will probably raise those tarrifs next.
Really enjoying the ps4 library.

User Info: Setsunahenry

Setsunahenry
1 month ago#6
If this is true, even cars & other products/items will also producing outside China.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/setsunah0186.png | https://imgtc.com/i/y8mP8yZ.jpg

User Info: tr1bes

tr1bes
1 month ago#7
Rjmhart posted...
The idea is if they move production to the US it creates jobs and helps people start getting raises again.

If they move production to Vietnam/Taiwan Trump will probably raise those tarrifs next.

Then they moved it somewhere else. US can't just tariff the entire world, then the world will tariff US. That will hurt us even more.
Good to be a gamer.

User Info: john7281

john7281
1 month ago#8
Rjmhart posted...

So Trump is attempting to hold gamers hostage now based on this comment. That wouldn't surprise me with how Trump started the year, by holding government employees hostage, since he shutdown the government over no funding for his wall.

If this is truly the case it would clearly show someone acting like a thug or terrorist!
PSN Faclorien
IGN : John FC: 3325 7804 6627

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
1 month ago#9
Cool.

I actually like what Trump is doing right now. It's certainly benefitting me.
CFW Trick is my idol.

User Info: KillzoneSnake

KillzoneSnake
1 month ago#10
Thank god for Trump. China was soon to become the world superpower by making everything with cheap labor. The US economy is strong, EU countries should learn from this and vote right wing. Keep jobs where people buy the product!!!
youtube.com/automaticsnake
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are producing consoles outside China.
  • Topic Archived