• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Get a PS4 Pro OR get an External SSD for the PS4

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
4 weeks ago#1
I have a slim model. 500gb, works fine. I have an Xbox One X and considered that a pretty big difference between the S model I had. I know the Pro isn't as powerful or doesn't have the same gap as the X and S do but is it still worth getting one OR should I just get an external SSD. I have one of my X and it's awesome for sure.

Basically, does the Pro make games really run much better or would getting an SSD sorta do the trick as far as load times go since it's cheaper.
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: DevilStrider

DevilStrider
4 weeks ago#2
I would say the pro. I just got a pro pretty much brand new for $200 I love it. I put my original PS4 in the bedroom now.
GT: Devil Strider
PSN: DevilStrider

User Info: repta55

repta55
4 weeks ago#3
I'm loving my pro. My og ps4 died so I got the pro while still having a 1080p TV. It was great. Fast forward a year after owning a pro and my TV died. Got a 4k TV and the picture is even better. And it turns out my old ps4 isnt dead so I just use it in my basement.
I7 8700k 16GB ram GTX 1070ti
PSN-jeepxj1996

User Info: sockrox

sockrox
4 weeks ago#4
SSD would be better. Cheaper. Pro doesn't do what the X does as far as how much better over its previous version.

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
4 weeks ago#5
Interesting takes, thanks.
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: bladedwraith

bladedwraith
4 weeks ago#6
Pro is a waste with PS5 coming out and that fact you have a slim.

User Info: hellhammer

hellhammer
4 weeks ago#7
Get a pro and put a SSD in it if you want the best performance and have the money. Although, you missed out saving $50 from the days of play sale.

Don't listen to the 'get a PS5' people unless you are getting it right at launch.

Plus no one knows when it is coming out or what the price will be.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Get a PS4 Pro OR get an External SSD for the PS4
  • Topic Archived