• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why isn't Nier 1 coming to PS4??

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
4 weeks ago#41
Because it was pretty terrible. It did have somewhat interesting story but everything else was really bad. Just watch cutscenes on youtube.
Official Public Relations Division Chief Operating Officer of Nintendo.
Making gaming great again since 1985.

User Info: downisthenewup

downisthenewup
4 weeks ago#42
Nier 1 was a very deep story. I loved what they did on NG+ where you got a lot more backstory on the enemies . Really changes how you look at the game. Plus the ending that wipes you and all your saves from existence. .

The gameplay was solid. My only gripe was the endless farming and low RNG rate for certain materials. Having said that, I don't know if it would have the sales that Automata had and anyone that played Automata first would be disappointed by the lack of androids.

User Info: MwarriorHiei

MwarriorHiei
4 weeks ago#43
downisthenewup posted...
anyone that played Automata first would be disappointed by the lack of androids.

they would immediately mark out at emil and devola and popola
http://i.imgtc.com/gkielsd.jpg

User Info: KLB600

KLB600
4 weeks ago#44
BaschLives posted...
Reasons:

1. It's not a current gen game
2. It's really bad

1. The Last Remnant isn't a current gen game
2. The Last Remnant was "really bad"

Yet it got a updated rerelease.

User Info: Clouddffvii

Clouddffvii
4 weeks ago#45
BaschLives posted...
Reasons:

1. It's not a current gen game
2. It's really bad

Nier 1 is better than Automata.

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
4 weeks ago#46
rafamaximo posted...
UltraPlanet posted...
HarryTasker posted...
Do you have it for PS3? If not, grab it and don't open it. It's getting harder to find and the price will jump down the line.

I actually have a sealed copy but i would really rather play it on PS4.

Whatever the f*** you do, just DON'T OPEN IT. This is the kind of game that will be very expensive in the future.

Also, this game is not going to be re-released because it wasn't very well received by critics back then and I just don't see how a re-release at this point would be received any different. It's a great game for what it is, but Nier has a different concept than most games within the genre. Even how story is presented is different, with multiple playthroughs until you're able to see full story. It's not a game for everyone... I know all games aren't for everyone, but Nier is just like Dark Souls in the sense that either it clicks for some people who will absolutely love it or just don't click at all for some people, who will dislike it for sure. There's almost no people in between

I don't want a few $, i want to play the game but i really can't stand playing on PS3 anymore but if they don't announce a PS4 version in the next few months i will go ahead and play it on PS3. Everything i see from the game and hear about it from people like you, i think i would probably love the game.

User Info: onigiri619

onigiri619
4 weeks ago#47
Costs to port from Ps3 to Ps4 most likely, with a side of loss vs gain estimates.
To Each, His Own
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why isn't Nier 1 coming to PS4??
  • Topic Archived