• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you have an SSD, SSHD, or HDD in your PS4/PS4 Pro?

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
1 month ago#21
Just standard HDD's. From everything I've read, the load times don't improve enough to warrant the expense of SSD's. It's not the drives that are at fault, but the bus speed in the PS4 can only go so fast.
I like games. I play them. I have some. I keep them on a harddrive in my console. I'd like to have more of them. That's where PSN comes in.....

User Info: pushingstones

pushingstones
1 month ago#22
Rayder posted...
From everything I've read

And that's your problem. Many... and I do mean MANY sites have it wrong. A lot of them did their tests back at the very beginning of the Pro's launch and only on a couple of games. A base PS4 uses sata2, so no, it's not going to be leaps and bounds better on most games (but it will be better). On a Pro that's sata3, it's very noticeable.

I personally did tests on my og PS4 and Pro with a SSD. The Pro really shines with one. No, not every single game will see a huge benefit (due more to how the game was programmed), but those games are in a very small minority. The vast majority of games see a significant benefit from a SSD with a Pro. Just playing FF15 alone with a SSD is a night and day difference in loading. All that time adds up.

People that actually have a SSD in theirs can easily differentiate the people who are only going off the info of others.

edit:
Just wanted to add this.

https://youtu.be/aiRUfl5R-oE
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you have an SSD, SSHD, or HDD in your PS4/PS4 Pro?
  • Topic Archived