• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you have an SSD, SSHD, or HDD in your PS4/PS4 Pro?

User Info: xxnike0629xx

xxnike0629xx
4 weeks ago#1
What brand and what capacity?

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#2
Seagate 2TB SSHD on an OG PS4.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: Mr_Hakubi

Mr_Hakubi
4 weeks ago#3
PS4 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
PS3 500GB Samsung 840 Evo
http://i.imgur.com/xpT6zzQ.jpg
My Top 100 Video Game Music: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF3949EA6DC5D532F (2010)

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#4
Internal - 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
External - 2TB WD Passport
Less is more.

xxnike0629xx
4 weeks ago#5
Right now I have a 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD and it's almost full and I hate the idea of having to uninstall things and reinstalling things.

I have a 2 TB Western Digital Blue HDD but I also have a spare Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB SSD. Should I use the SSD?
I heard that it isn't worth it on the PS4/PS4 Pro since it's using SATAII and not SATAIII. So it's apparently compatible but it can't go as fast as the internal drive can.

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#6
xxnike0629xx posted...
Right now I have a 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD and it's almost full and I hate the idea of having to uninstall things and reinstalling things.

I have a 2 TB Western Digital Blue HDD but I also have a spare Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB SSD. Should I use the SSD?
I heard that it isn't worth it on the PS4/PS4 Pro since it's using SATAII and not SATAIII. So it's apparently compatible but it can't go as fast as the internal drive can.

Are you posting yet ANOTHER topic about HDD? Should I reveal what I have you tagged as?
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

xxnike0629xx
4 weeks ago#7
Nicodimus posted...

@Nicodimus Is the WD Passport any good? How does it compare to the WD 'easy share' external HDDs? Both of those are just USB and don't require a separate power supply.

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#8
xxnike0629xx posted...

It would be very limited by the SATA speed on the PS4 base. It performs better on the Pro.
Less is more.

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#9
xxnike0629xx posted...
Nicodimus posted...

@Nicodimus Is the WD Passport any good? How does it compare to the WD 'easy share' external HDDs? Both of those are just USB and don't require a separate power supply.

Been using it for maybe 6 months, and it's been perfect so far. I do like that it doesn't need an external power supply...enough cables here already. Never used easy share.
Less is more.

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#10
Nicodimus posted...
xxnike0629xx posted...

It would be very limited by the SATA speed on the PS4 base. It performs better on the Pro.

Don't give him any kind of serious response. This guy use to make weekly topics asking about HDDs in the PS4. I guess he's starting his routine again.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you have an SSD, SSHD, or HDD in your PS4/PS4 Pro?
  • Topic Archived