• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. We're never going to an FFVI remake are we?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#31
Vibi posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Vibi posted...
Voidwards posted...
creativerealms posted...
The game doesn't need one.

Yea it does. For people like me, who really want to play it, but can’t get past the pixel graphics and archaic game design.

What are you 12 years old and care nothing but the graphics of a game? Grow the f*** up

@Fade2black001 Wow. Not the sharpest, are you?

That's exactly what you are or sound like. Graphics do not make a game man
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: anony778

anony778
4 weeks ago#32
I want FFT PS4 port. Badly. Switch version also.

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
4 weeks ago#33
MrTuna posted...
Late_pizza posted...
They could do a digital release so you can play it easier on modern tvs. Maybe fix some of the bugs and glitches so everything works the way its supposed to. That's all though. There's no way many people want them to remake it. Most of the people that think this game is special, don't want a remake. I'm sure you'll hear from them.

Especially a SNES game that still has gorgeous sprites

Its not a game that needs a facelift

New resolution some quality of life improvements and call it a day

I want a remake, personally, but not simply a facelift. I want to feel like I am re-experiencing it all over again. As such, I want some changes to the story, to the gameplay, to the world, etc. I don't want it to be a completely new game where EVERYTHING is different, but, similar to Final Fantasy VII Remake, I want it done quite a bit different while still feeling similar and familiar.

So, that's why I want a remake. I'm not simply looking for "Final Fantasy VI with modern graphics and music production." I'm looking for "Final Fantasy VI: Retold/Reimagined."
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: kuter

kuter
4 weeks ago#34
6 was remastered on ps1 and DS

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#35
kuter posted...
6 was remastered on ps1

Literally one of the worst ports of any games. Along with Chrono Trigger.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
4 weeks ago#36
From what I understand, if the translated interview is correct, they do want to remake FFVI but it keeps being put off. I'd love to see it, but I very much doubt it'd happen, at least not like FFVII. Although something like the Trials of Mana remake...why not? It looks gorgeous, and just like FFVI, it was based on one of the most beautiful sprite games on the console.
..where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.

User Info: Ryan Si

Ryan Si
4 weeks ago#37
spacecowboymike posted...
Most 16-bit sprite based games don't need a remake as they're already so f***ing good. Just trying to remake one 95% of the time sucks because why the f*** are you messing with perfection.

Short-sighted and totally wrong. Most properties, whether we are talking games or movies get remade (or get spin-offs) because they were really good. It's not about "needing" anything. Every time a remake or remaster comes along, fans get excited. Not because the original game isn't good enough.

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
4 weeks ago#38
Doober2 posted...
The game is fine as it is tbh. Holds up a lot better than FFVII does

Yeah holds up great.... with those cardboard cutout characters who have nothing unique about them... or that painfully slow garbage battle system.... or those copy and pasted towns with colour pallete swap 😂😂😂
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best game ever made

User Info: link0316

link0316
4 weeks ago#39
It doesn't need one.
RE4 is one of the greatest games ever made.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 weeks ago#40
Vibi posted...
Voidwards posted...
creativerealms posted...
The game doesn't need one.

Yea it does. For people like me, who really want to play it, but can’t get past the pixel graphics and archaic game design.

kinda sounds to me like you don't REALLY want to play it then, you just like the idea of the game, and want it in hd or something, then. and there's some stuff already out there like that.

Fade2black001 posted...
Vibi posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

What are you 12 years old and care nothing but the graphics of a game? Grow the f*** up

Fade2black001 Wow. Not the sharpest, are you?

That's exactly what you are or sound like. Graphics do not make a game man

this. unless you're a graphics whore (read: sound like you're 12), who's the kind of person to get the scarlette because they think it's the strongest hardware then complain there's not a lot of good games on it and the ps5 has exclusives you want, it makes little sense to refuse to play a game you allegedly 'want' to play, simply because it's outdated.

the ff7 game that's being remade isn't gonna be strictly ff7, either. they'd presumably f*** up ff6, too. even if you got an hd version, you'd not be playing ff6, you'd be playing something reminiscent of it, homeopath ff6, bastardized and watered down and fit to modern vg expectations to the point it should be a copyright infringement, even if it's their characters and story.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. We're never going to an FFVI remake are we?
  • Topic Archived