• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do CD Projekt Red Games Have "Good Gameplay"?

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 month ago#31
pablofreak88 posted...
I can't vote, I would say the gameplay works but there is space for improvement. Like

Good, but could be better.
Option 4 I guess.

this, kinda.

i don't mind it, i actually like it in the witcher 3, more or less because i like the idea of using enemies weaknesses against them, in a larger sense than 'ice monsters weak to fire, lizards weak to ice' sense most games have.

no, in this, you can solidify ghost types or stop magical abilities with a dimuterium bomb, or possibly yrden, you can force an alghoul to sheathe it's spikes with... the mind control rune, make some flying foes unable to fly with igni (or maybe that's a dragon's dogma thing, i forget, i think SOME that might be true for, but some are too big or scaly to matter), and there might be some tactics that help some, like the blood toxin for fighting vamps, flash bombs against really sensitive foes, etc.

it kinda didn't matter to me it didn't have AAA action combat, i was never expecting it, and took it at face value, instead of trying to compare it to other s***, and to me, it didn't do badly. i've definitely played games with worse combat. but i definitely get some of the complaints, it had a kinda basic reprisal system that meant you couldn't just combo one foe endlessly, you were good for maybe 5 hits before you had to back off and wait to attack again - not bad, again, but makes most fights pretty predictable, go in, vary hits some, back up, rinse, repeat. there were plenty of ways to cheese it, as well, frost force push can kill a humanoid of any level, iirc, alt quen basically means you don't really need to heal, you can basically take on any foe that can't one shot you outright, and you can avoid combos/dance around enough for your stamina to recover, and ironically possibly the most strong thing, a build that gives extra sword/sign power per point in toxicity - so you can literally use like 3-4 decoctions which are normally powerful, but a double edged sword, and just mow down f***ing everything.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: IzanagiBlast

IzanagiBlast
1 month ago#32
pablofreak88 posted...
I can't vote, I would say the gameplay works but there is space for improvement. Like

Good, but could be better.
Option 4 I guess.

this
Having "X" console doesn't make you a fanboy, being a dick about it makes you a fanboy.
PSNID: xXVergiliusXx

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
1 month ago#33
Hero3ziz posted...
Yes, they bring good gameplay.

The combat complaint of The Witcher 3 is way over exaggerated. TW3’s combat is just average, nothing bad but nothing special. People unfairly compare it to BB’s combat, but BB is almost only about combat whereas TW3 is more of a complete package.

Woho, sometimes gfaqs surprises with common sense.
Now let's laugh at people that think fighting alone means gameplay.
We're all living in Amerika, Amerika ist wunderbar -
We're all living in Amerika, Coca-Cola, sometimes war...

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
1 month ago#34
Witcher 3 has best ARPG combat ever seen so yes
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best game ever made

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#35
People here seem to be referring to the combat quite a lot, there's more to gameplay than combat and the combat in Witcher 3 is decent (not as good as Bloodborne but far better than Elder scrolls.)

No doubt storytelling is the strongest part of CDPR but they deliver good gameplay aswell, The Witcher series Wouldn't have won the awards it won if they played like crap.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do CD Projekt Red Games Have "Good Gameplay"?
  • Topic Archived