• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do CD Projekt Red Games Have "Good Gameplay"?

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
4 weeks ago#1
iyo, do CD Projekt Red games have good gameplay - Results (189 votes)
yes, they deliver high quality gameplay
30.16% (57 votes)
nope, it's trash for the most part
17.99% (34 votes)
it's pretty average. gameplay isn't their strong suit
35.98% (68 votes)
i'd say above average but nothing really special
15.87% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
as someone who didn't care for Witcher 2 & 3's combat, this excerpt from polygon has me a little worried about Cyberpunk 2077:

"In motion, the combat-focused build made the game feel more like a clumsy cover shooter, something a bit like The Division 2 played in first-person. The enemy AI, for its part, was having quite a bit of trouble keeping up. Many times during the demo they appeared to get stuck on the environment, melee flailing wildly at nothing at all."

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18663302/e3-2019-cyberpunk-2077-demo-impressions

I know CD Projekt red will deliver on the story & rpg elements...but what about the actual gameplay (or more specifically, the combat)?

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
4 weeks ago#2
never trust polygon

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
4 weeks ago#3
El_Zaggy posted...
never trust polygon
-Come on Rare release a good Banjo game, You know you want to :) https://i.imgtc.ws/x7XBAHD.jpg Current systems: PS4, XB1, Switch and 3ds.

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
4 weeks ago#4
Maybe they wrote that article about Bloodlines 2, and just mistitled it. Heh.
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
4 weeks ago#5
I can't vote, I would say the gameplay works but there is space for improvement. Like

Good, but could be better.
Option 4 I guess.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 weeks ago#6
I really enjoy the combat in the witcher 3

Gotta put it on one of the harder difficulties though or else it's too easy to just spam attack buttons

User Info: Tyrion95

Tyrion95
4 weeks ago#7
BeefEaster posted...

Gotta put it on one of the harder difficulties though or else it's too easy to just spam attack buttons

Literally the same defense people used for kingdom hearts, if you need to play it in the highest difficulty for the combat to actually be somewhat good then it's not a good combat system.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 weeks ago#8
Tyrion95 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Literally the same defense people used for kingdom hearts, if you need to play it in the highest difficulty for the combat to actually be somewhat good then it's not a good combat system.

Not a defense

Just giving my opinion like the TC asked for

User Info: XxXSlateXxX

XxXSlateXxX
4 weeks ago#9
I didnt like the combat in Witcher 3 too much, dont get me wrong I loved pretty much everything else about the game but the combat felt stiff and clumsy at times, I think it was the animations but im not sure

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#10
Yes, they bring good gameplay.

The combat complaint of The Witcher 3 is way over exaggerated. TW3’s combat is just average, nothing bad but nothing special. People unfairly compare it to BB’s combat, but BB is almost only about combat whereas TW3 is more of a complete package.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do CD Projekt Red Games Have "Good Gameplay"?
  • Topic Archived